Stone Glacier Sky packs 2014

View attachment 18652
Not a Sky bag but a Terminus with a Sky lid. A photo after about ten miles burned at that point. They are excellent packs and for my body and fit, have been the best pack for me so far.

I have a spare Sky lid that I was going to fit to my dads Terminus. Any particular tips on fitting it up? As I recall, I'm going to have to cut a couple straps and move buckles around so it's not a straight bolt up.

I like the size and shape of Sky lids much better than the Terminus. What I REALLY like is this version of it. It's pretty much ideal for my uses at this point. Easily fits all the stuff I need to access during the day, and doesn't dump stuff when I open it.

I've lived out of this pack for at least 50 days this year, using it as a combination travel duffel and field pack. Not a single loose stitch or broken buckle so far. I've stitched a couple holes, but that might of had something to do with poorly secured chainsaw, so.....

Yk

Last edited:
YK. I upgraded to the sky lid on my terminus . Kurt sent the necessary buckles and it was a simple swap of lids no cutting was required. The sky lid was a bigger improvement then I thought very fictional lid.

I also upgraded to the larger 3 piece belt.

388296f9cc446b76b1b5848d2109ed96.jpg

YK. I upgraded to the sky lid on my terminus . Kurt sent the necessary buckles and it was a simple swap of lids no cutting was required. The sky lid was a bigger improvement then I thought very fictional lid.

Good to know. I'm trying to recall for sure (don't have the Terminus in hand), but think that the cutting was going to be to get the old buckles off the Terminus lid. Odds are I have some around that would work, and could avoid that part. Also the long strap is on the pack with the Terminus, and on the lid with the Sky... how did you deal with that?

I think the current Sky lid is about perfect for a top loading pack like the Terminus. For a rear zip, it isn't ideal since I lay my pack with the zipper up, but that has now been cured.

Yk

jherald

WKR
I was thinking of reversing the sky lid with zipper up laying the pack down on frame side. Just need to add webbing and tension lock and buckles, no sewing or cutting needed.

I was thinking of reversing the sky lid with zipper up laying the pack down on frame side. Just need to add webbing and tension lock and buckles, no sewing or cutting needed.

I was going to do that, and suspect it would work out ok. Kurt said the buckle angles wouldn't be quite right, but they have to be close.

I have a zipper up lid now, and can vouch for it being the best orientation for the Sky series.

YK