Stone Glacier Cirque Jacket

Jon_G

WKR
I was able to field-testing the Stone Glacier Cirque Jacket, a true game-changer and the first of its kind in the Stone Glacier lineup. Designed to meld heat and moisture management in an insulating garment, the Cirque Jacket stands out as a versatile multi-tool in your hunting kit.

One of its most remarkable features is its ability to shine during high-exertion hunts across a wide range of temperatures, thanks to those clever pit zips. But that's just the beginning—this jacket also doubles as an insulation layer, giving it extra points for versatility.

With Primaloft® synthetic insulation and DWR Pertex® fabric, the Cirque excels in providing superior breathability, while also being a staunch defender against wind and moisture. It's like having your very own climate control system, ensuring you stay comfortable regardless of the conditions.

In this review, I'll be diving deep into the details of the Stone Glacier Cirque Jacket, discussing its unique features, performance, and how it held up during my outdoor adventures. Whether you're a seasoned hunter looking for reliable gear or new to the world of outdoor clothing, this review aims to provide you with valuable insights to aid your decision-making process.

So, buckle up and join me on a journey through my Stone Glacier Cirque Jacket review. Let's see if this innovative piece of gear is the right fit for your next hunting expedition.

Stay tuned for the video to drop!

@robby denning
I bought the black one and never got to wear it and lost it. By far the most painful loss of gear ever. Not only because it was so expensive but because they don't make them regularly. I am heartbroken seriously.

wnelson14

WKR
I like these, and the hooded vest, but dislike the fit of the hood on both. The hood should be more thoughtfully shaped especially to accommodate hats with brims in the front. Like, don't overthink it--just copy an Arcteryx hood. I also think both jacket and vest should zip open and closed from both the top and bottom--I'm willing to suffer the weight penalty for the extra vent and the improved comfort while seated or driving.
I agree returned both due to hood, they are awful in my opinion. And it’s funny you can see it in his pictures how terrible the hood fits. Maybe some people like the way it fits.

sr80

WKR
I like the hoods on SG jackets/tops. Im just not a fan of the necks, for me at least i like to be able to zip up the front zipper fully and have room so that i dont have to wear the hood. SG jackets, and tops dont allow that. Not for me at least, thats where arctertyx jackets shine for me. But i do still like the cirque jacket, M7 and DH jacket.

MT_Wyatt

WKR
I like the hoods on SG jackets/tops. Im just not a fan of the necks, for me at least i like to be able to zip up the front zipper fully and have room so that i dont have to wear the hood. SG jackets, and tops dont allow that. Not for me at least, thats where arctertyx jackets shine for me. But i do still like the cirque jacket, M7 and DH jacket.
+1 my exact sentiments. Arctyrex does high collars but just a tad more room and due to that I prefer them. The cirque is an awesome piece and I still have mine. I just cannot physically zip it all the way up with layers under it, as the neck gets too constricting.

Jon_G

WKR
Is there an arcteryx Jacket in similar warmth to the cirque in a like an earth tone or some sort of greenish tone for hunting that you guys know of? Thanks.

sr80

WKR
atom lt has no insulation under the arms/sides. Might be closer to the cirque lite in my opinion. I wish arcterxy offered better earth tones for their pieces. Without buying their leaf line which i cant.

Lukeduke13

Lil-Rokslider
Are there any questions I can answer for you?

As for the the jacket, its the warmest soft shell I've ever used!
So with a base layer, a cirque jacket and a m7 jacket. There should be weather I couldn’t handle?
Are there any questions I can answer for you?

As for the the jacket, its the warmest soft shell I've ever used!

I bought the black one and never got to wear it and lost it. By far the most painful loss of gear ever. Not only because it was so expensive but because they don't make them regularly. I am heartbroken seriously.
Not sure what size you are, but I am selling my Black Label Cirque in size Medium

OP
Zach Herold

Zach Herold

Super Moderator
Staff member
So with a base layer, a cirque jacket and a m7 jacket. There should be weather I couldn’t handle?
I'm kinda weird, I don't always run a base layer very often. I think an active layer like the Sitka Ambient hoody paired with either the M7 or Cirque will get you through just about anything!

I’m 5”10 187 lbs the large fits me well. This jacket is good. Warm but it is on the heavy side. It also pills like no other. Can’t stand that. I like my atom jacket much better for multi purpose use.

sr80

WKR
I’ve tried them. They the one I had doesn’t work all that well. The fabric on my arcteryx doesn’t pill at all.
yeah ive got both those jackets as well, my arcterxy is probably 7 years old and shows zero sign of pilling/wear. My cirque is only a couple months old and ive barely worn it hunting and shows quite a bit of pilling in spots.

The stitching came undone on my cirque. While I was hunting black tails on POW island. But SG is sending me a replacement. I might trade it in and buy the arcteryx atom heavyweight.

dapesche

WKR
I would agree with that. It’s a lot more insulation than an atom LT and a touch more than an atom AR. Cut much longer, high collar.
Wow. It's that warm hey. That atom Ar is pretty toasty.

Thanks for that info.

If anything I'll look at the Cirque lite

Sent from my SM-S901W using Tapatalk