Stone Glacier 2022 Clothing

The customer service is why I keep coming back to SG. I will never have an issue paying for shipping when I know I am dealing with the SG team direct. I am actually ordering myself a Helio today, even though I don't need one. Great products they have.

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
The customer service is why I keep coming back to SG. I will never have an issue paying for shipping when I know I am dealing with the SG team direct. I am actually ordering myself a Helio today, even though I don't need one. Great products they have.
It really is a funny thing, but great customer service makes you want to spend money with companies! Not sure why more do not get this!

Warren

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve ran in it, not much for feedback besides that, just not enough use yet. I haven’t used the Sitka core lw so can’t help there, sorry. I have used the previous gen core lw polygiene treated stuff, and I agree, I could stink it up in a day.

For the guys wondering about what the cirque jacket compares to - my earlier post covers that a good bit. For those comparing to Kenai - insulation is greater in the SG piece, not body mapped, and the Toray face fabric on the Kenai seems more breathable (ie higher cfm rating). I don’t know that for sure, basing that on wind resistance. Now I totally don’t know for sure, but this sure seems like what they might have used based on the description: https://pertex.com/equilibrium-2/

What I do know and will emphasize again since there’s the comparison questions: this jacket is warmer than a lot of the hunting companies are doing for synthetics. Not mapped and more insulation than the uncompahgre puffys, can’t remember if I made that comparison earlier.
Man I really hope they are using a newer fabric than this - looks like it was released in 2004. Of course there could’ve been revisions, I’m sure if someone called they’d explain.

I’m really curious how that Cirque preforms, I’ve had one in the cart for a couple weeks waiting to see more details from the video release from SG (ie. fit, layering, features etc.). I like how it’s heavier than the Kenai and I like how high the collar comes up on the face.

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Warren and MtWyatt,
The fabric on the Cirque Jacket is Pertex Quantum Air. For anyone that would care to see the Pertex site in reference to the fabric, below is the link. Feel free to email me if there are any specific questions I can help with in regards to any of our apparel.

Best
Kurt
[email protected]

Warren and MtWyatt,
The fabric on the Cirque Jacket is Pertex Quantum Air. For anyone that would care to see the Pertex site in reference to the fabric, below is the link. Feel free to email me if there are any specific questions I can help with in regards to any of our apparel.

Best
Kurt
[email protected]
This is a prime example of 'Why' I keep coming back to SG. Even their founders are active on the web forums seeking input from customers and answering questions. They could be doing so many other important business endeavors, but they choose to interact with clients on this level. That to me is the definition of giving your 'plus 1%' to satisfy your customers. Thanks for the effort SG, your clients notice and recognize this effort!

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
I’m finally going to be able to put my cirque to some kind of actual test on Friday. Climbing a 3100’ mountain in New Hampshire. Forecast is 30 degrees and 11 mph winds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't seen this mentioned yet so I'll throw it in the ring. I had been wanting a pair of the De Havilland pants for quite some time but couldn't decide between the M, which was a touch tight in the seat, and the L which was too loose.

At the DSC Convention, I was at their booth poking around when one of their guys (Matt I believe - an awesome dude) approached me. We got to talking and he told me about their new M/L size after the CS team and @Kurt got feedback from their customers. They fit perfect and I greatly appreciate the SG team listening to the wants/needs of their customers and adapting.

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't seen this mentioned yet so I'll throw it in the ring. I had been wanting a pair of the De Havilland pants for quite some time but couldn't decide between the M, which was a touch tight in the seat, and the L which was too loose.

At the DSC Convention, I was at their booth poking around when one of their guys (Matt I believe - an awesome dude) approached me. We got to talking and he told me about their new M/L size after the CS team and @Kurt got feedback from their customers. They fit perfect and I greatly appreciate the SG team listening to the wants/needs of their customers and adapting.

My only gripe about their pants is there’s no option for short legs. I want the M7 pants but they don’t make 34/30.

GrayGoose

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up the Cirque more so for an everyday jacket. Been able to wear it on some cold and windy days.

First day I got it I took the dog for a short walk with temps around 5 F with a windchill below 0. Layered with a sweatshirt and was plenty warm. Have also had it out on some 20+ mph wind days. Did a nice job cutting the wind.

The front pockets aren't very deep/angled when they are zipped all the way open. I've had some stuff fall out a couple times. Other than that I think it's a nice jacket overall.

Can confirm. M was to tight and L was way too big, the M/L perfect.

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Thisismyhandle,
While we don't advertise the option on our website, we do hem pants to custom lengths if needed. Given your size of 34", that would be the new Medium/Large size, and we could hem from the standard 33" inseam to 30" inseam. If this is something that you decide you are interested in, the best way to order is to call us directly and our customer service gents will bring the pant up to me and I can hem that same day.

Thanks to all on the feedback of the new Medium/Large size, happy to the size block is working out well.

Best,
Kurt

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
I forgot to mention, the only pant we cannot hem is the M5 raingear as it has full length zippers.

jd1006

WKR
Kurt,

Absolutely love the Merino6 material. Any plans on making those zip off?

ljalberta

WKR
Thisismyhandle,
While we don't advertise the option on our website, we do hem pants to custom lengths if needed. Given your size of 34", that would be the new Medium/Large size, and we could hem from the standard 33" inseam to 30" inseam. If this is something that you decide you are interested in, the best way to order is to call us directly and our customer service gents will bring the pant up to me and I can hem that same day.

Thanks to all on the feedback of the new Medium/Large size, happy to the size block is working out well.

Best,
Kurt
I did not know this. I’ll be placing an order at some point over the next few weeks and will have to add some pants in.

Appreciate the steps above and beyond Kurt.

ThisIsMyHandle

Lil-Rokslider
Thisismyhandle,

Best,
Kurt

That’s great to know. Im definitely very interested in the M7 set now but I won’t be buying it until later in the year. Thank you for the feedback.

ljalberta

WKR
Question for you Kurt with respect to the Chinook Hoody. The website lists it at 8.3 oz which is the same listed weight as the Chinook Crew LS. I’m guessing they don’t weigh the same. Could you shed some light on the correct weights for each piece?

Kurt

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
ljalberta, thank you for letting me know this, our website in incorrect and we will get that adjusted today. The Chinook Crew is 8.3 oz, the Chinook Hoodie is 10.7 ounces in a Large size.

JD1006, Thank you for the feedback on the Merino6. We don't have any immediate plans for zip offs on the Merino bottoms. I have prototyped zip offs, however with the lighter material and stretch of the Merino6, I found the zippers and velcro closure on the hip line to change the overall feel and create more bulk. This is not to say that a zip off design is not in the works, just may not be the best fit with the lighter Merino6 fabric based on my testing.