Stockys stocks poor customer service

I don’t think I have ever called out a company in an online forum but there’s a first time for everything. I recently purchased a stock from Stockys and it wasn’t a huge improvement over the B&C stock I currently have on a rifle. This is no fault of Stockys, just not quite what I hoped for. I have been trying to get ahold of them to return the $375 stock and all I hear is crickets. I’ve written 3 emails and made two phone calls and have yet to receive a response. When I talk to the gal who answers the phone she says she will transfer me to customer service and when they don’t answer she gets back on and records my name and number and says they will call me back shortly. This has all been over the course of 5 days so they’ve had adequate time to address my concerns. If you’re planning on purchasing a stock from Stockys be damn sure it’s exactly what you want because from my experience you won’t have a popsicles chance in hell of returning it.

Hopefully you paid using a credit card and you can implement your consumer protections.

tanker

Lil-Rokslider
I tried to contact them a few months back to check on the availability of a barrel. Similar experience. One email and four phone calls later, I gave up. They kept saying they would call me back. Never happened. I’m done with them.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I’ve noticed a lot more of this stuff happening. “Due to covid...”. It’s everyone’s excuse for slow shipping, slow response, and high prices.

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I'm waiting on the result of a BBB complaint and my credit card company to finish their inquiry to post my grievances. They have held a lot of money from me hostage for the last 3 months. I will never ever do business with these people again and will shout this message from my rooftop. I have had the same issue as you OP. Don't get your hopes up for a return of your call

OP
W
Funny story...I had a return authorization in my email this morning. Maybe they found out about the negative feedback they are receiving on hunting and shooting forums.

OutdoorAg

WKR
I’ve noticed a lot more of this stuff happening. “Due to covid...”. It’s everyone’s excuse for slow shipping, slow response, and high prices.

YEP!

Brownells is the same. I received an item from them that was damaged during shipment. They never ever responded. Ever. I eventually went to the manufacturer and they replaced it.

Brownells has lost me as a customer forever.

Had a similar experience with Stockys earlier this year. Multiple phone calls with a promise to call back every time, but nothing.

What finally worked for me was resending the same email twice a day, every day. After 5 days, I finally got a response and the answer I needed.

Tone of the response email was condescending and it was still poor service but at least I finally got an answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DVW

FNG
Thought I’d post a more recent experience. I ordered a light carbon fiber hunting style stock for a Howa Min,i 6 weeks ago. Still not here, when I asked fo an update they quoted the standard corporate answer of an expected 6 week delivery time. I know it was on back order when I ordered it, and I’d been watching it for a few weeks, always on back order. The replies to my questions are not satisfying my doubts as to the company desire to serve the customer.

E.Shell

FNG
I didn't buy anything from them, but was recently shopping for an HS Precision stock at Stocky's and considered buying through them due to substantial ($75) savings.

All of the variations I'd consider looked like they were in stock until I started clicking on options like 'color' and as soon as any of the options were selected, the item showed as out of stock. Poking around some more, it seemed that every stock I looked at showed the same 'out of stock' status as soon as options were satisfied. I came to the conclusion that they are merely brokers and don't seem to have inventory, meaning they probably just drop ship "their" merchandise.

I was looking for a direct replacement for a Remington LTR stock and engaged their site's 'Chat' function. They pointed me to a part number that is not the same as the part number that HS Precision shows for an LTR at their site, further reducing my confidence in their ability to provide what I wanted.

I spent the extra money and ordered the stock I needed directly from HS Precision. HS showed a 12-16 week lead time when I ordered, but I received an email thanking me for my order and telling me that while they do show 12-16 weeks at their site, their delivery times have been running 4-8 weeks. I am just coming up on 4 weeks since ordering, so my stock should be coming in soon. I'll drop a note here when it does.

Reactions: DVW
I came to the conclusion that they are merely brokers and don't seem to have inventory, meaning they probably just drop ship "their" merchandise.
They do carry inventory and their website shows what is in stock. There was typically a link to give the options that are in stock. I’ve noticed it multiple times when looking at barrels and stocks on the website.

Edit: seems the website has changed? used to be able to click a drop down or link to show what configurations were in stock?

Last edited:
Thought I’d post a more recent experience. I ordered a light carbon fiber hunting style stock for a Howa Min,i 6 weeks ago. Still not here, when I asked fo an update they quoted the standard corporate answer of an expected 6 week delivery time. I know it was on back order when I ordered it, and I’d been watching it for a few weeks, always on back order. The replies to my questions are not satisfying my doubts as to the company desire to serve the customer.

So you joined this forum just to complain that Stocky’s is doing exactly what they said they were going to do?

You do realize that stocks show as “Backordered” because they don’t send stuff to their painters until orders are placed, right?

In comparison to McMillan, Manners, Pure Precision, etc, the fact that you get a carbon fiber stock in less than 6 months is pretty impressive.

DVW

FNG
So you joined this forum just to complain that Stocky’s is doing exactly what they said they were going to do?

You do realize that stocks show as “Backordered” because they don’t send stuff to their painters until orders are placed, right?

In comparison to McMillan, Manners, Pure Precision, etc, the fact that you get a carbon fiber stock in less than 6 months is pretty impressive.
I don’t know what your problem is, or why you’re so personally butt-hurt over one persons experience. I didn’t join this forum just to complain, and I don’t engage with fools.

Schmitty

FNG
Opposite of my experience. I received a stock that had the finish damaged I assume during shipping. One simple phone call answered by Kim and a return label sent via email pronto.

They have a reputation for very good customer service and my experience reflects that.

I don’t know what your problem is, or why you’re so personally butt-hurt over one persons experience. I didn’t join this forum just to complain, and I don’t engage with fools.

Someone is butt-hurt here, but it sure isn’t me.

You have two posts, both of them are complaints, and it only took you two posts to start with the name calling. Pretty sure I am not the fool here either.

Macintosh

WKR
Are they amazon? No. But Ive called twice to ask a question, recieved a quick answer. I ordered and received my “out of stock” stock faster than expected. Compared to manners and mcmillan which have been rude, unresponsive, and with 6-month to one year lead times that they still dont stand behind, plus 50-100% higher price for a item that is maybe 10% better—and certainly NO better in at least two cases Ive had—they have been just fine in my experience. I think folks here will generally be supportive of stockys as theyve gone out of their way for the group here.