Howa Steel heavy barrel contour for stockys ultra carbon hunter

Foster_65

FNG
i have another question as im putting in an order today. im looking to put a howa barreled action into a VG ultra carbon. again the only options are proof Sendero and sporter. i called stockys and they said that the proof profile is 1 in at the end of the forearm. does anyone have a howa heavy steel barreled action from brownells that has them in the stockys ultra carbon hunter VG proof stock and how much float does it have. if anyone has pictures on the gap that would be great. brownells says they have a heavy #6 contour, but cant find any consistent drawings on what that is. i know there has been some long threads on these stocks as well was the barreled actions so i have to assume someone have ran this combo. stockys says there is plenty of room to open up a sporter and would do that if the gap is unsightly large between the barrel and stock. any help is appreciated.

OP
F

Foster_65

FNG
does anyone have a howa heavy barrel they could measure at the forend of the stock? again howa claims a #6 heavy contour. i think they come in the 223, 6 arc and 65 creedmoor if i understand. i dont have this in hand yet and would like to get a stock ordered.

hereinaz

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
does anyone have a howa heavy barrel they could measure at the forend of the stock? again howa claims a #6 heavy contour. i think they come in the 223, 6 arc and 65 creedmoor if i understand. i dont have this in hand yet and would like to get a stock ordered.
The gap from a Sendero stock to heavy barrel is pretty big. It will be substantial.

This is a Light Palma in a Sendero, and the heavy contour is smaller than this.

12BBEDE8-B9A2-48F0-ABAA-D0B92AF9134D.png