Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

Elite

WKR
I pulled up the emails between you and Kim and she did offer you to send it back for a refund or a $50 refund for the inconvenience yesterday. I do apologize that we didn’t update it with the new foam weight. Please reach out if there’s anything I can do for you.

Hello, Thanks for the reply. That is correct. But the cost to initially ship it plus now ship it back and import fees is a lost of over $220 cad now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elite

WKR
Maybe the tears you shed will make up for the extra 4.5 oz in the stock. Would you not have bought it if you knew it weighed 27.5 oz?

No I wouldn’t have bought it. I am building a ultralight tikka for sheep hunting. 4.5 oz is huge in what I am trying to achieve.

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
No I wouldn’t have bought it. I am building a ultralight tikka for sheep hunting. 4.5 oz is huge in what I am trying to achieve.

I didn’t realize you were in Canada so yes the return process is not as easy. The weight is in the pour foam so you could scrape out the foam and refill it with lighter foam or leave it without foam. We can still issue the refund of $50 if you want.

I think the krg supposedly measures around a 1.7 inch trigger reach and the stockys Tikka vg measures around 2.25 because they used an existing mold without changing that portion. Some people have no issues and some people will add material to the front of the grip to decrease it. I've seen bondo as well as free firm air epoxy. The latter one is $35 on Amazon and is apparently awesome stuff. With the price of the stockys, $35 to make the trigger reach perfect isn't bad. Also, they all say backordered, but their build time is super short.

Elite

WKR
I didn’t realize you were in Canada so yes the return process is not as easy. The weight is in the pour foam so you could scrape out the foam and refill it with lighter foam or leave it without foam. We can still issue the refund of $50 if you want.

Hello, @Stockys I sent you a direct message

10809 not fully tightened yet still going to paint etc
746742a2fece15eb8d48cb20fc73a058.jpg

the 10809 i got had a u shaped rib did you dremel that off to get it flush?

Okie_Poke

FNG
I'll admit I didn't read every post in this thread, but I did run a search against the thread for this info and didn't find it, so please bear with me if it's been covered.

Does anyone have measurements for the drop at comb and drop at heel on this stock? I have the same question for the non-VG version as well. Stocky's website does list measurments for their M50 and the "bigger" sporter version with the broader forend grip for the R700, but I don't see the measurements for the "NextGen Ultra Carbon" models, whether classic sporter or VG. Also, the measurements listed for the bigger sporter and the M50 are the same, which might be right but makes me suspicious.

In any event, if you have these measurements and can share them I would apprecaite it. Tagging @Stockys as well in case they can chime in here too. Thanks!

ElPollo

WKR
I'll admit I didn't read every post in this thread, but I did run a search against the thread for this info and didn't find it, so please bear with me if it's been covered.

Does anyone have measurements for the drop at comb and drop at heel on this stock? I have the same question for the non-VG version as well. Stocky's website does list measurments for their M50 and the "bigger" sporter version with the broader forend grip for the R700, but I don't see the measurements for the "NextGen Ultra Carbon" models, whether classic sporter or VG. Also, the measurements listed for the bigger sporter and the M50 are the same, which might be right but makes me suspicious.

In any event, if you have these measurements and can share them I would apprecaite it. Tagging @Stockys as well in case they can chime in here too. Thanks!
The nose of the comb is about a 1/2” below the center of the bore and the comb appears to be parallel to the bore.

mahonsr

Lil-Rokslider
I was originally thinking that I’d be able to take the addition off if I didn’t like it and was afraid I’d break the epoxy. But holy hell this stuff is tough. I don’t see it coming off without files and rasps and a heck of a lot of elbow grease.
I’m thinking about doing something similar but a on a Kimber hunter stock so quite a bit more build up. How’s your grip mod working? Still a good bond and holding up well?

ElPollo

WKR
I’m thinking about doing something similar but a on a Kimber hunter stock so quite a bit more build up. How’s your grip mod working? Still a good bond and holding up well?
It’s still working well. I don’t think you could remove it with anything less than a grinder. I tried breaking the left over epoxy putty with a hammer and could barely dent it.

Phase one of putting my southpaw 6.5 creed Tikka CTR on a diet.

Bought a Stocky’s Tikka Hunter VG on one of their recent sales. Overall the quality of the build seems excellent and the price was certainly right. Minor cosmetic imperfections in the raw carbon finish that mean nothing since I planned on painting right out of the gate. Overall the finish of plain carbon was way too slick for my liking so I sanded the entire stock with 1200grit right after modifying the grip.

Built the grip forward roughly 3/8”-1/2” using starbrite marine epoxy putty to shorten the trigger reach, and applied a heavy texture using black gorilla epoxy. Knocked the sharp points off with some 80 grit and painted matte black. Not my prettiest work but very functional.

Sponge camo added enough texture to the forend that I elected not to add heavy textured grip panels there. Three coats of matte clear to further reduce the shine. I am also installing an Area 419 4.25” arcalock rail forward of the bottom metal as I do on all my rifles which aids my grip for offhand shooting and provides good stability when shooting off a bag or barricade.

Waiting on my barrel to come back from LRI (cut to 16.5” and added a fast twist spiral flute) and a high desert bottom metal using factory tikka mags to further reduce weight from the original CTR configuration.

This rifle was a serious shooter in its stock form, but a little long for swamp walking as I am shooting suppressed 100% of the time. It was 11.5lbs all in with my can, and I figure it will be easily under 10lbs when I assemble it in its final form. Should make for a super handy deer rifle that slings 147’s farther than I’ll ever need.

4F765567-A388-4CF7-9023-FFAEDE332DC1.jpeg19E2D2BE-5476-48CE-A8C6-1B939B3B9F08.jpeg87DAEA6F-F251-4DEF-8F94-D511DE1B281D.jpeg42E546F4-1BEE-4851-B0E3-C0DED2DDA510.jpegC5820309-F847-459C-953E-06710A44E61A.jpeg

TxLite

WKR
For those with a VG have you attempted to also add material for negative comb similar to the rokstok? I’ve been curious about it with mine but haven’t messed with it. My interest is piqued after seeing folks add material to shorten the trigger reach.

Reactions: NSI
I'm guessing it would work with that air epoxy that has been referenced if it's really that hard. You could probably cut the toe to be flat and rebuild/seal the hole if you wanted to put that much work in. Then just glue the pad back in an elevated position to be flush with your raised comb.