Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

longrange13

Lil-Rokslider
What type of blade did you use to cut the carbon stock? Anything special?
Just a 14” miter saw blade with fine teeth. I think any blade would work good, just make sure it’s newish, and go slow. The painters tape over where you will be cutting will keep it from chipping.

My VG arrived today! 5lbs 5oz bare rifle, 7lbs 8oz with scope and suppressor. Going to see how it shoots in the morning. Kept the 15x scope for hunting bunnies with the kids (gotta have the zoom to make headshots or there isn't anything left to eat lol)

16 inch T3 223rem 1/8, superlite
Aluminum bottom metal
Credo 2.5-15x42
Dnz 1 piece rings w/bubble
155vsx can, 30 cal with 223 endcap
Fluted bolt
Mtn bolt nob
Wiser micro arca rail

Attachments

• 20231219_181404.jpg
    20231219_181404.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 164
Here is my rifle I built with the stock. I hunted with is this season and was very happy with it, with the excpetion that some of the finish did chip off and expose the carbon. I shot Norma Bondstrike 180 Ammunition I bought for the brass and it was very accurate but will be throating it long and handloading 190 LRX going forward. I found the front of the stock to be very rigid and solid all the way through and had no problem drilling holes to install the ARCA plate or flush cup. There is no foam in the fore end that I found.

I'm still on the fence on if I should bed it. It shoots 3/4MOA as is.

22" Carbon6 300 WSM Barrel
Tikka Stainless Action with long bolt stop
Mountain Tactical Magazine (Gen 1 I think but works great)
Tikka Stock DBM
Stockys Tikka VG Stock
SRS ARCA Balance plate
Spartan Bipod flush cup installed in fore end
Ebay Foam Cheek Riser cut to shape and attached with double sided foam sticky tape
Banish Backcountry Suppressor
Talley Medium Rings
Trijicon Tenmile HX 3-18x50 SFP

8.25lbs as pictured w/out suppressor and 8.8lbs with Suppressor

Attachments

• Tikka Stockys VG.PNG
    Tikka Stockys VG.PNG
    707.1 KB · Views: 201
Here is my rifle I built with the stock. I hunted with is this season and was very happy with it, with the excpetion that some of the finish did chip off and expose the carbon. I shot Norma Bondstrike 180 Ammunition I bought for the brass and it was very accurate but will be throating it long and handloading 190 LRX going forward. I found the front of the stock to be very rigid and solid all the way through and had no problem drilling holes to install the ARCA plate or flush cup. There is no foam in the fore end that I found.

I'm still on the fence on if I should bed it. It shoots 3/4MOA as is.

22" Carbon6 300 WSM Barrel
Tikka Stainless Action with long bolt stop
Mountain Tactical Magazine (Gen 1 I think but works great)
Tikka Stock DBM
Stockys Tikka VG Stock
SRS ARCA Balance plate
Spartan Bipod flush cup installed in fore end
Ebay Foam Cheek Riser cut to shape and attached with double sided foam sticky tape
Banish Backcountry Suppressor
Talley Medium Rings
Trijicon Tenmile HX 3-18x50 SFP

8.25lbs as pictured w/out suppressor and 8.8lbs with Suppressor
I forgot to add that I changed out the recoil pad to give better absorption and increase length of pull to 13.75 by adding the Limbsaver Airtech #10800. It fits pretty much perfectly on the stock.

Hnthrdr

WKR
Pretty bummed I missed the discount… would be pretty cool if you ran another one…

Has anyone put an Unknown Munitions rail on their stock? I'm curious if it fits well.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
I forgot to add that I changed out the recoil pad to give better absorption and increase length of pull to 13.75 by adding the Limbsaver Airtech #10800. It fits pretty much perfectly on the stock.
Thanks for this. I ordered one. I already have a 1/2” spacer in mine and it’s still not quite enough LOP. If I go with the 1/2” spacer and add the .25” with a better recoil pad I think I’ll be in business.

You can use coupon code 30rokslide to take 30% off
With your current "Year End Clearance Sale" being advertised on your site (ie, 30% off the tikka VG), are there any additional/stackable promos available that you are offering to your Rokslide customers?

DudeBro

Lil-Rokslider
You can stack free shipping with coupon code GOFREE2
Jessica,
I'm trying to buy a prefit barrel. Added to the cart, it properly shows the 20% discount. But, when i add the free shipping code, the 20% discount disappears. Is there a secret to making the stack work?
Thanks!