Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

Well, shoot. I am almost through my first custom stock project and working through pretty much this exact stock project in my head for the rokslide crowd. I guess I can’t quit my day job and become a stock maker, thanks @Stockys !

Question about the original topic here:

What bipod setup are people running on the VG stocks? I assume you're limited to the basic sling stud style without major mods?

NSI

WKR
Question about the original topic here:

What bipod setup are people running on the VG stocks? I assume you're limited to the basic sling stud style without major mods?
You can screw a Spartan classic or pic adapter into the sling stud up front. If you epoxy it, I find those pretty sturdy.

Personally I plan to just run this stock off of a pint sized gamechanger on natural features or a tripod table, and leave it slick. Will be a good experiment to see how much I actually benefit from the attachments.

-J

OneShot

Lil-Rokslider
If you offered a shorter youth LOP I would be in for one of them too.

Me too! I think a carbon fiber with a shorter LOP and spacers would be a seller. I would buy a new Tikka just to add a compact stock to it.

A few years ago I bought my wife a compact TC venture 243 because the LOP was 12.5” and came with spacers. She loves it. Have had quite a few kids behind that gun shooting steel.

Juan_ID

WKR
I was pretty bummed out I didn’t jump on a stock last week, after seeing this thread fill up and the engagement from @Stockys I’m glad I held off. I am in no big rush and can’t wait to see the new version. Great job on everyone’s part coming together on this, I’ll likely take 2 maybe 3!

HGL

FNG
Definitely "in" on the forthcoming Tikka design, sounds like it may check all the boxes.

I've ordered 3 stocks from Stocky's over the years with fantastic service. One was a wooden Euro stock that got banged up in transit. They replaced it no questions asked within a week. Great CS in my experience.

ElPollo

WKR
I put 80 rounds through mine today at steel. This version is still a pretty major improvement over the factory stock in terms of recoil and spotting impacts. I’m really happy with it, especially given the sale price. Now it just needs some texture and paint.

Attachments

• IMG_2301.jpeg
    IMG_2301.jpeg
    435.6 KB · Views: 197
I put 80 rounds through mine today at steel. This version is still a pretty major improvement over the factory stock in terms of recoil and spotting impacts. I’m really happy with it, especially given the sale price. Now it just needs some texture and paint.
That's a sick looking rig!!!

Diced

WKR
16" barrel?