Stocky’s Hunter VG Tikka stock

ElPollo

WKR
It balances perfectly at the front action screw. The gun weighs 8.3 lbs according to my scale. That is with a 29 oz nxs f1. It is fine to carry for me, however is a bit top heavy:)
Ryan
I am really happy with the balance on mine. I have factory channel version on a T3x light that is cut back to 16.5”, but I have an SWFA 3-9 and and an AB Raptor 8-stack with a 3” reflex on it. All in, it’s at 7.8# and balances at the front action screw. But the real benefit is how the stock delivers recoils straight back. I had no issues spotting impacts through the scope at 200 yards at 9x from prone. The only negative I have about it is the trigger reach and I can overcome that.

It balances perfectly at the front action screw. The gun weighs 8.3 lbs according to my scale. That is with a 29 oz nxs f1. It is fine to carry for me, however is a bit top heavy:)
Ryan
Very nice and a bit surprising in a great way I was concerned since my lite seemed front heavy with the heavier factory stock

Stockys

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Alright so if anyone needs that contour for now just call and tell Kim or myself (Jessica) that you need that barrel channel and we can recut the barrel channel for you.

I’ll go ahead and add that as an option for inlet in the next few days as well.
The D18 barrel channel is now listed on the website in both models, the hunter and vg. We listed it as alpine/roughtech.

Juan_ID

WKR
The more this thing gets talked about the more exciting it gets. Has it been 90 days yet?! 😂

lak2004

WKR
Costing me money also, since I'll probably buy 2 but I've only got 1 tikka at the moment. Gonna need another. Add that to the suppressor. Damnit my wife is gonna be pissed!

No we won’t be discontinuing them. The rok stock is an exclusive stock offered through rokslide.
Is this a one-time run or will the stock be available long term?

For example, if someone buys two on the pre-order, and ends up wanting to buy two more at a later date. Asking for a friend, of course.

Reddish

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll take one…maybe two.

I’m a short guy so LOP 13” option would be nice.

Macintosh

WKR
@Stockys thanks for listening, Im sure it will be “fun” sorting through all the conflicting feedback!

Some feedback based on the stockys tikka vg stock I just received:

Simply having a couple thickness recoil pads as an option would be helpful. 13.5 is just too short for me to not feel noticeably scrunched. I’m 6’2” so tall but not even freakishly tall. Factory tikkas are 14”. The option of a 1” recoil pad and maybe even a 1/4” spacer would be really nice. Yes, it would require additional complexity for ordering, production, inventory cost, etc but would be nice for us correctly-sized folks to get a good fit. I have not pulled the pad off yet, but I am a little leery of screwing and unscrewing, given previous comments about stripping screw holes and not having a lot of meat there to attach to in the future.

Having a SOLID piece of material to accept recoil pad screws that wont strip out or be problematic under multiple installs would be helpful for future installs of a different pad, flush cups, filling with foam, etc.

Grip to trigger distance is long on the vg, this from a guy with pretty big mitts (size 12/xl gloves).

The biggest thing I notice with the grip is the lack of a “hollow” or “flute” for the meaty muscle at base of my thumb. The grip on the stock is unnecessarily squared here where the “nose” on the comb meets the grip. This makes it more awkward to wrap your hand around the grip for us folks who will carry the gun at ready most of the time, and puts unnecessary pressure/input on the gun when trying to shooting precisely. I don’t think everyone will notice this, but I think it would be a benefit for nearly everyone.

I like the idea of having pre-located recesses in the barrel channel for t-nuts so the user can finish-drill 1 screw-size hole to allow options for various short and full length rails both at the front of the foreend as well as just in front of the magwell.

An evenly textured finish on grip and foreend would be really nice for folks who will end up carrying at ready in the snow—bare fiber is like greased ball bearings in those conditions, even when its a matte finish. The web paint is better than bare fiber, but the look is a bit dated.

The option for a CTR barrel and bottom-metal inlet would be really nice.