Staccato Pistols Worth It?

USMC-40

WKR
I went to my LGS yesterday to see if they had a Staccato. They didn’t but pushed me toward a Cosaint they had in stock. It seemed very similar to a C2. Anyone have feedback on them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Id be leery of any 2011 that doesnt have a lot of feedback from non-paid sources. Joe Chambers, a very respected gunsmith and unbelievably knowledgeable of the 1911 and 2011 platforms has given favorable reviews of the Staccato - he has picked apart some of the other high-end brands (Nighthawk, Wilson, etc). I have some buddies that have experienced the issues that Joe predicted would happen with those brands as well (based on tolerances). I don't personally know anything about the Cosaint you mention, but if it were me, I would go with a relatively known quantity in Staccato.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I went to my LGS yesterday to see if they had a Staccato. They didn’t but pushed me toward a Cosaint they had in stock. It seemed very similar to a C2. Anyone have feedback on them?

Staccatos P2 and C2’s are the only “factory” 2011’s that I have ever seen work without gun smithing. They are not perfect, but I’ve the last 3 years or so and several hundred thousand rounds from a quite a few staccatos, they have had a higher MRBS than either Glock 19’s or Sig M17/18/320’s.

Grumman

WKR
Thanks guys that is really good feedback. Guess I’m gonna have to suck it up and order a C2.

Bumping this thread because I shot a Staccato CS today and fell in love. Thinking about selling everything to order one. I can't decide between the CS and C2 though. I have big hands and the slight size difference in the length of the C2 might be worth it for more accuracy without giving up too much when concealing? Anyone with more experience have an opinion? I also shot the 4.5" Springfield prodigy and liked it a lot... before I picked up the Staccato. I think the CS or C2 would make a great winter time OWB carry gun for me. Right now I carry a hellcat that is great for conceal-ability but I'm having issues with it jamming when using self defense rounds (Hornady critical defense), I was also ridiculously more accurate with the CS even though the hellcat has a red dot. Thinking about dumping the hellcat for a p365 xmacro to carry in the summer after shooting one as well. I was impressed with the 17 round magazine. That's for another thread though...

Last edited:

texag10

WKR
I bought a Staccato P (threaded DLC barrel and TAC grip texture because that's what they had in stock) and am pretty impressed. I have had a mag with random FTFs on the last round, but Staccato sent me a return label and are swapping it out at no cost to me. I'm annoyed I had to pay another $160 for an optics plate, but these aren't exactly pistols for people on a budget.

Mechanical accuracy is pretty nuts(1st group at 10yds to zero the dot was 4 rounds through 3 overlapping holes), and the trigger and grip make it easy to get the best out of yourself. I have actually carried mine concealed with the magwell removed in a JM Custom Kydex "George" holster, and find it not that bad to carry now that it's flannel season in CO. Having a 20rd mag for a reload is pretty sick too. Next time I shoot outdoors I want to give it a go at 100+ yds.

Eventually I would like a C2, and will take the RMR I have on the P and move it to the C2, then put an SRO on the P.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I bought a Staccato P (threaded DLC barrel and TAC grip texture because that's what they had in stock) and am pretty impressed. I have had a mag with random FTFs on the last round, but Staccato sent me a return label and are swapping it out at no cost to me. I'm annoyed I had to pay another $160 for an optics plate, but these aren't exactly pistols for people on a budget.

Mechanical accuracy is pretty nuts(1st group at 10yds to zero the dot was 4 rounds through 3 overlapping holes), and the trigger and grip make it easy to get the best out of yourself. I have actually carried mine concealed with the magwell removed in a JM Custom Kydex "George" holster, and find it not that bad to carry now that it's flannel season in CO. Having a 20rd mag for a reload is pretty sick too. Next time I shoot outdoors I want to give it a go at 100+ yds.

For serious use stick with the 17 round mags. Also, Atlas Gun Werks +18% mag springs help tremendously.

Eventually I would like a C2, and will take the RMR I have on the P and move it to the C2, then put an SRO on the P.

Staccato CS. While the 17 round Gen 3 mags with Atlas spring is reliable “enough”, the weakness always has been and will be the magazine that is a 45 auto mag with 9mm shoehorned in. The CS moves to a dedicated 9mm magazine.

texag10

WKR
For serious use stick with the 17 round mags. Also, Atlas Gun Werks +18% mag springs help tremendously.

Staccato CS. While the 17 round Gen 3 mags with Atlas spring is reliable “enough”, the weakness always has been and will be the magazine that is a 45 auto mag with 9mm shoehorned in. The CS moves to a dedicated 9mm magazine.
Got it. The 17rd I was having issues with seemed like a spring issue. The rim of the final round was getting overridden by the slide and going nose up into the top of the chamber. Guessing the spring didn't have enough uumph to get the round into place in time.

Still want those 140mm mags for USPSA. I know I'll be in Open, but at least I can compare myself to CO shooters. Trying to judge where you are against other shooters at an indoor range just isn't all that helpful lol. Will switch to 17s for the reload while carrying though.

@Formidilosus is the CS the pick of the litter from staccato for a reliable, accurate carry gun, for the mag design reasons you listed above? earlier in the thread I thought you recommended a C2 for that purpose

elkguide

WKR
Don't have a lot of experience with the Staccato, but my Atlas Gunworks Athena is amazing. Had a few Glocks customized and a Wilson and after shooting an Atlas...... my other pistols seem to spend a lot of time in the safe.

No experience with Staccato but my STI 9mm 1911 slide feels like it's on bearings and the accuracy is ridiculous...Plus it looks really cool.