Staccato Pistols Worth It?

My carry pistol is a polymer framed striker fired pistol with about 20K rounds through it. It works great and is one of half dozen polymer pistols I have.

I know that no one can tell me if it’s actually worth the money or not as that is a personal choice, but I’m considering buying one of these Staccatos. I’m interested in hearing from folks who have experience with this line of pistols. I’m most interested in the optics ready C2 and P models.

Are they really good shooters? Anyone carry one as a personal daily carry weapon?

Last edited:

Hugeapple

FNG
I have never owned a Staccato, but had a love affair with the XL and ended up going with a Wilson combat. After renting and shooting the Staccato and a Wilson EDC X9L, my personal opinion was the Wilson had a better finish and felt less like a race gun and more like a comfortable old friend in my hand.

If you're after a pistol for USPSA or similar, the STI's are built more for that than many other high-line pistols like Nighthawk, Wilson, etc. That's not to say the others don't hold up.

IMHO, if you're after an EDC or pistol for 'normal' shooting, there are a lot of better options for the money.

HTH

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Are the really good shooters? Anyone carry one as a personal daily carry weapon?

BE67D100-E1C1-455B-8472-E14A848142A5.jpeg

The one on the left had just over 30,000 rounds on it without ever being cleaned. It’s first malfunction was a failure to eject. The extractor hook was totally filled with carbon and brass shavings. Scraped the hook out and back to functioning.

CBF8EEFC-283E-41C7-AF70-9B5E51954DD5.jpeg

B26ECE8A-FF7A-4A19-9959-63984FA00CF1.jpeg

2061010E-1787-4A89-94AD-F4274A28505E.jpeg

Have experience with a couple dozen P Duo’s used very heavily (50k rounds plus). Only one needed a slight tweak to the extractor to function correctly. They have been excellent pistols.

View attachment 432131

The one on the left had just over 30,000 rounds on it without ever being cleaned. It’s first malfunction was a failure to eject. The extractor hook was totally filled with carbon and brass shavings. Scraped the hook out and back to functioning.

View attachment 432134

View attachment 432132

View attachment 432133

Have experience with a couple dozen P Duo’s used very heavily (50k rounds plus). Only one needed a slight tweak to the extractor to function correctly. They have been excellent pistols.
I'm not familiar with these pistols at all. It looks like a 1911 but chambered in 9mm? Why (or even do you) choose this over something like a G19 or 17?

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
I'm not familiar with these pistols at all. It looks like a 1911 but chambered in 9mm? Why (or even do you) choose this over something like a G19 or 17?

It’s a 2011- double stack 1911.

Choose it over a Glock (or any striker fired pistol) for performance. For world class shooters it’s on average a 12-20% improvement over a Glock. For hot world class the gap is larger.

For world class shooters it’s on average a 12-20% improvement over a Glock. For hot world class the gap is larger.
No one's every mistaken me for that, so I'm good. But you've sparked my curiosity - what are the improvements over a glock?

ETA: I'm specifically asking about glock because I believed them to be the first choice for dudes in your profession. If they're good enough for those guys they're good enough for me, was my thinking, and have since bought a pile of them.

USMC-40

WKR
I have several Staccato's - C2 and P's - I was a Glock guy (and still like Glocks), but the Staccato is awesome. Have about 10k rounds through them - no issues. Its everything a 1911 wants to be, and a Glock could never be. For those wondering why you would choose one over a Glock - its got a great trigger, balances great, is smooth, and almost zero recoil.

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
No one's every mistaken me for that, so I'm good. But you've sparked my curiosity - what are the improvements over a glock?

ETA: I'm specifically asking about glock because I believed them to be the first choice for dudes in your profession. If they're good enough for those guys they're good enough for me, was my thinking, and have since bought a pile of them.
trigger, mechanical accuracy, ergonomics, softer shooting somehow (black magic).

The c2 holds 16 in roughly the same size as a g19 (held them up against each other yesterday and theyre shockingly close)

I have several Staccato's - C2 and P's - I was a Glock guy (and still like Glocks), but the Staccato is awesome. Have about 10k rounds through them - no issues. Its everything a 1911 wants to be, and a Glock could never be. For those wondering why you would choose one over a Glock - its got a great trigger, balances great, is smooth, and almost zero recoil.

trigger, mechanical accuracy, ergonomics, softer shooting somehow (black magic).

The c2 holds 16 in roughly the same size as a g19 (held them up against each other yesterday and theyre shockingly close)
Earlier I said I'm good.

I may, or may not, have several tabs open and a GarandThumb video playing in the background about a Staccato right now. I knew better than to click on this thread...

A buddy got one a little while back and said it is the best shooting gun he has ever fired. He said he is shooting groups that are practically going through the same holes.

OP
Bezamaelee
Formidilosus that first picture is a thing of beauty! Ringin em out!

Question: Can the P-model be run without the larger mag well?
I like the half inch longer barrel over the C2 but do not want a beveled or enlarged magazine well.

robertchutch

Lil-Rokslider
Formidilosus that first picture is a thing of beauty! Ringin em out!

I like the half inch longer barrel over the C2 but do not want a beveled or enlarged magazine well.
The real trick is to get a P fit for a C2 grip

Formidilosus

Super Moderator

Absolutely. The one I did/do carry doesn’t have a mag well. However, if it’s for a carry gun, the C2 is the way to go.