Sprint cell phone coverage in Co.

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
i am thinking about switching to sprint for our cell phone carrier, does anybody know how well sprint works in Co., i know some carriers dont do well in certain areas.

craitchky

Lil-Rokslider
I have Sprint, and as soon as we got of the larger cities, coverage was spoty at best, and non-existent in the back country.

dotman

WKR
Actually i have Sprint and in Southern CO i was calling my wife at 10k. I have always had great coverage in CO unless i'm below a rock face.

dotman

WKR
If you do decide on Sprint I can get you a discount, send me a pm and i'll get you a few more minutes and a lower price. Yes i do work for Sprint but i have truely not had an issue in the mountains, the front range plains in no mans land has been spotty for me.

>>>---WW---->

Lil-Rokslider
I prefer Verizon in the mountains. It seems to work the best. But even then, there are many places where cell phones are useless. That's why I have a PLB.

Yukondog

WKR
Had Sprint for 11 years. Outside metro areas and at my house reception was horrible for me. Switched to Verizon and I am much happier. Works great out east of front range without issue and is much much better in the mountains. Still I have found multiple areas that my phone will not work which is okay. Verizon has far superior coverage in CO over Sprint in my experience.

dotman

WKR
From what i can tell we mainly use Verizon and cell ones network outside of the cities (just a guess). Check out the coverage maps for all the carriers because they all ride on each others network in certain ways/locations. I suggest looking at them all and also look at customer satisfaction for them. If you do decide on Sprint just let me know. Also how many of these bad experiences with Sprint are current?

Here is a link to our coverage map http://coverage.sprint.com/IMPACT.jsp?

The map will tell you where we ride on others networks or our network. I'm not up on roaming since i have free service but i can findout answers to any question you may have. Also I'm not in sales so i get nothing from this other then to provide a rokslide member a disount but if you do go with another provider no prob.

Last edited:
OP
miller1

miller1

Lil-Rokslider
thanks dotman, i will let you know if i go that route, is the unlimited data truely unlimited?

dotman

WKR
thanks dotman, i will let you know if i go that route, is the unlimited data truely unlimited?

Yup it is, we do not limit or slow down your connection. Now i do not live in CO but i can tell you we are not the same company as we were two years ago and the network is better. Our LTE network buildout is ahead of schedule and we are the #1 company in a turn around out of any company in the US. We have won numerous awards over all other providers in the past few years for customer satisfaction and network quality. Verizon and AT&T are running out of spectrum and with all the smart phones you will see more quality issues, we are only getting better. My home internet is over a Sprint aircard but i also have 4G service at my house but i seem to only use my phone. If you watch anything on you tube you will be amazed how quickly you eat up your service with the others, we teuely are unlimited on data usage.

I think the discount I can get everyone is a savings of $10 and an additional 50 mins. Rememberthat the voice minutes are only used when you call a landline, mobile to mobile is free no matter which carrier the other person is on.

Sorry for the misspelling, i have fat fingers.

dotman

WKR
Sorry if i sound like a salesman, i just really do like the company i work for and enjoy my job. I'm a corporate tax account and handle the defense against state/federal tax audits. So i am not the best salesman but i will tell you what i know and help as much as i can.