Sportsman’s Warehouse

Weldor

WKR
It was the same in Tucson when they opened. Not so good anymore. BP is supposed to be building a store in Tucson, to bad it is not a Sheels.
Sad to see for me. 20 years ago, I remember opening the first SW in Arizona. The place was mystical and was insanely busy. Like everything else, the small store feeling has left and they now go to the cookie cutter, one size fits all mentality. It is depressing to go in that store now and see that it's the same crap on every aisle. It is quite crazy to me to think that they have went this direction. BPS is absolute shit and should be really easy to beat when it comes to local sales. I too, think that SW will be a thing of the past within 10 years.

@MBH

FNG
Great customer service at my local SW, they are genuinely great and knowledgeable people at the gun counter, probably because I am usually one of four customers in the whole store.

I worked part time at SW for about a year back in 2022. I’ve never worked retail in my whole life. They would send us stuff that wouldn’t sell period. I live in WY and it’s not legal to bait. We got a bunch of deer bait stuff. A lot of the workers are clueless. My gut tells me they’re going out of business. Our local store has nothing. I spend my funds online or other stores.
Was the store you worked at in Sheridan, WY?

That place has gone down hill with inventory over the last year or so.

ClearCreek

cmahoney

WKR
Sportsman’s in Carson City is not impressive. Seems like every time I go in there for a no brainer item they don’t have it. I lost my quail call last week and stopped in there today to try and pick up a new one. Found this but no valley quail call.

141e28be6e735d508cb50f074463ea17.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dtharvester

Lil-Rokslider
SW in central OR seems well stocked with everything gun and hunt related, so I’m assuming the rest of the place has inventory. If I can walk in, buy a rifle, reloading components and/or the ammo of my choice for the gun I just bought…I’m happy.
I think plenty around here would be disappointed if they folded, but not get that vibe here.