Sportsman’s Warehouse

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Hey now, dump on crappie and bluegill fishing all you want, but ice fishing is church in the upper Midwest! I miss the hell out of it! AK winters would be 10x better with something similar.
Fair enough, I go smelting sometimes in the winter. Im not sure I enjoy it though. Standing in the freezing blasting wind bobbing a stick up and down hoping to get a pile of 4" fish that I don't like to eat isn't super cool but people around here seem to love it so I end up getting out and doing it a few times each winter.

Sad to see for me. 20 years ago, I remember opening the first SW in Arizona. The place was mystical and was insanely busy. Like everything else, the small store feeling has left and they now go to the cookie cutter, one size fits all mentality. It is depressing to go in that store now and see that it's the same crap on every aisle. It is quite crazy to me to think that they have went this direction. BPS is absolute shit and should be really easy to beat when it comes to local sales. I too, think that SW will be a thing of the past within 10 years.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Sad to see for me. 20 years ago, I remember opening the first SW in Arizona. The place was mystical and was insanely busy. Like everything else, the small store feeling has left and they now go to the cookie cutter, one size fits all mentality. It is depressing to go in that store now and see that it's the same crap on every aisle. It is quite crazy to me to think that they have went this direction. BPS is absolute shit and should be really easy to beat when it comes to local sales. I too, think that SW will be a thing of the past within 10 years.
Bass pro has been shitty for at least 10 years. I still like going to sportsman's when I'm in Anchorage though, I'v e actually never been to cabalas in an anchorage. Last time I was down south and I tried to ask the gun counter guy if they had the Garmin chronograph, He was an ass about it and told me to get a number and stand in line (the line was like 20 people) I just wanted to know if they had the chromo or not.