Southern Precision - aka bugholes.com

Have you done business with Southern Precision Rifles, online at bugholes.com, located in TN? If you have then please share your fair & objective experience, comments, and reviews. What work did you have them do for you? Please do not post harshly negative or overly critical comments. No need to publicly bash anyone here. It’s just not that important and it wouldn’t solve a (your?) dispute. If an experience you had was that terrible then a PM if you wish to share. Thanks.

I've bought a ton of parts from them with no issue, never had any gunsmithing done by them but a guy that I shoot with had them do a barreled action for him and it shoots great.

BjornF16

WKR
I’ve bought a Proof Research barrel, had it chambered, threaded for brake, cerakoted and setup with his Bug Nut system a few years back.

Easy to work with, mostly communicated via email with some phone calls, delivered quality product.

I would deal with him again.

I had them rebarrel my Tikka to a 7-08AI using a Bartlein barrel that I bought from them. It is a shooter.
Communication was great, and they delivered about 3 weeks faster than advertised.

BBob

WKR
I've purchased lots of barrels from them, one action and had them flute a couple of barrels. One time there was going to be an unexpected delay and Greg called himself to let me know so no real issue.

OP
Go West Old Man
Thanks! Excellent to hear positive, good experiences. I’ve contacted them, inquired about a finished barrel purchase, and first impression is good.

vonb

Lil-Rokslider
Ordered parts and had a barreled action put together by him. Accuracy was outstanding. Delivered within stated time frame.

Muddler

Lil-Rokslider
Had him chamber a barrel for me this spring as a bugnut prefit. From what I can remember they quoted me 6-8 weeks and I had it in 5 weeks. Great communication and great work. Wouldn't hesitate to go with him again.

axeforce6

WKR
They are great to deal with. I bought an action from him. Then I later sent him a barrel to chamber for me. I feel like I worried him to death but he was grateful. They do great work. You'll be happy to deal with them.

Schism

WKR
I've purchased a half dozen or so barrel blanks from them. Communicated via email and telephone and they are good people. I have only had positive experiences with them.

The rebarreled my 7mm STW. Great guys, I live 20 minutes away from them. Very cool shop. Greg and staff are super cool in person. Clean cut and trustworthy folks. He moved from Florida to Tennessee.

OP
Go West Old Man
I’ve swapped multiple emails with them and each email that I’ve sent has resulted in a timely response. Very informative & helpful. Confident enough from my communications with them and these favorable comments above that I’ve committed & asked them to do a barreled action. First build for me. Go big or stay home, right? 😁

onetohunt

Lil-Rokslider
I've bought a barrel and other parts from them. They put my first build together a 280ai that shoots lights out. Workmanship is second to none. I will be using them again on my next build as well. Russ and Greg are good guys to deal with.

Wrench

WKR
I bought a couple barrels just last month and Greg called me because it looked like I double ordered....and still nailed the shipping.