South Dakota Public Mule Deer Hunt

MGustin23

FNG
Hey all. Me and a buddy are planning a South Dakota Mule Deer hunt for next October (Assuming we get drawn. Haha).

I'm just hitting up some of these forums for some tips and tricks to make our hunt more successful. Perhaps anywhere in the state you guys have had success or know of any hot spots to check for muleys? We will be there for seven days and will have the ability to drive around to different public ground. Planning to camp/stay at the truck overnight so no need for hotels or anything of that sort. Camp grounds or camping accessible parking areas would be helpful. Thanks!

Gun&BowSD

Lil-Rokslider
Just joined, got 2 posts on one of multiple forums and asking for hot spots. Ballsy move, sir. I'm gunna be real honest you may get somebody to give you something but I wouldn't count on it. Lot of people join this forum to do that and people just don't really play that game. I will say SD has alot of ground, and they are out there somewhere. Good luck. And welcome to the forum

KurtR

WKR
I would get a hotel room leave the camping gear at home. Be mobile and scout from the North Dakota line to Nebraska and western 2/3rds of the state. If your hunting October it’s archery you will be dealing with bird hunters and depending the week rifle goat hunters. Could be snow asshole deep to a giraffe or like this year 90’s

Expect strong, warm south winds. Expect the next day to be cold and breezy. You could get every weather pattern in that same week.

Mule Deer are from the black hills to the river and from North Dakota border to Nebraska border. Small pockets on east side of river.

Camping won’t be required but is cheaper than hotels. If you can keep camp as mobile as possible that’ll be best. Can’t camp on Walk in or state land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk