South Dakota Upland Hunt

bdg848

WKR
Hunt either pheasants or sharpies trying to target both at the same time does not work very often around here . Getting a bonus bird while doing that is always nice
Yeah, I guess our though process was that the range map showed them both present in the area so we could switch habitat types day to day based on what we wanted to hunt, no necessarily that we would expect to see both in the same habitat. Although, I did jump a couple grouse from about 100 yards out.

KurtR

WKR
Yeah, I guess our though process was that the range map showed them both present in the area so we could switch habitat types day to day based on what we wanted to hunt, no necessarily that we would expect to see both in the same habitat. Although, I did jump a couple grouse from about 100 yards out.
Ya the range maps really are miss leading while they might be around huntable numbers are a different story

jhim

FNG
Step 1: Get a hotel in Aberdeen, Huron, Mitchell, Chamberlain, or Pierre.

Step 2: Download the GFP app or grab the GFP hunting atlas

Step 3: Hunt any of the colored squares you see until you're tired of walking

Step 4: Cruise gravel roads for the last 60-90 minutes of sunlight and road hunt. Either pick up some birds that way or use it to figure out where they are for the next day.

There is so much accessible land East River that holds pheasants that if you put on some miles you'll get some birds. If you're really struggling message me and I can be more helpful.

OP
JJ1179

JJ1179

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Step 1: Get a hotel in Aberdeen, Huron, Mitchell, Chamberlain, or Pierre.

Step 2: Download the GFP app or grab the GFP hunting atlas

Step 3: Hunt any of the colored squares you see until you're tired of walking

Step 4: Cruise gravel roads for the last 60-90 minutes of sunlight and road hunt. Either pick up some birds that way or use it to figure out where they are for the next day.

There is so much accessible land East River that holds pheasants that if you put on some miles you'll get some birds. If you're really struggling message me and I can be more helpful.
Awesome! Thank you.