Sober October

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
I’m a jack Daniels guy myself but I have yet to see this in any liquor store near my house. Maybe I’ve just never noticed but I might have to look into this one. Looks good

Best Jack Daniels I've ever had, and probably the best whiskey I've ever had. Definitely worth the premium.

One thing I enjoy more than anything after a long day of elk hunting in October, is a few cold beers waiting in my cooler and a camp fire to sit around. Those are the best tasting beers you will ever drink.

Went 3 months last year, didn't feel any difference. Opened er back up at Xmas time. I'm down 15 lbs from elk season so I'm enjoying my beer, heck may pick up some whiskey.

cjl32

Lil-Rokslider
One thing I enjoy more than anything after a long day of elk hunting in October, is a few cold beers waiting in my cooler and a camp fire to sit around. Those are the best tasting beers you will ever drink.

Yes. Also, the best cups of coffee, best meals and best conversations are always around that campfire no matter how it actually tastes or what is said.

I'll be 100% sober, but I'm not abstaining. I drink for taste and not effects. I can't recall the last time I had 2 beers in under an hour and I've never had more than 3 in a whole afternoon/evening. I've got a bourbon collection many would drool over and I don't average an ounce a week. Alcohol isn't messing with my figure, so I don't figure on needing to avoid it.

I’m in. Myself and my 2 hunting partners decided to do it while we were in the backcountry. We’ve each picked other disciplines to hold ourselves to as well. We figured we’d been on such a good path getting ready for elk season, that we’d keep it up in this way. I always do stuff like this to keep the motivation. It makes the daily grind more interesting, when your always working toward something. You guys could laugh and criticize all you want, but you’ll never find me on the “Fat Guy Weekly Weigh In” come spring time. This is the time of year that we need to watch it, so we don’t erase all of our hard earned gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um sober? What’s that? Oh you mean my stress medication. No I need that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not October, but in the spring I will cut out alcohol and clean up my diet to cut weight. Wasn’t a completely sober 6 weeks but I dropped 20 pounds prior to my spring bear hunt. I love my craft brews, hell I think I’d need all my fingers and most my toes to count the breweries in my county, but it’s nice to take a break and set a goal once in a while.

Outlaw99

WKR
My past with alcohol was like others who’ve achieved a sheep slam....i conquered it! Been sober 3 years now, and I’ve never felt as good and healthy as I do now. I can honestly say I don’t miss it a bit; but for all you drinkers out there, I see no reason to quit during one of the best months for premium consumption! Fall brews are the best, and whiskey is good whenever!