Sober October

Jimbob

WKR
Good for you. I don't like my body "needing" things that are not needed. I like to quit coffee cold turkey a couple of times a year. I want to drink (beer, coffee, any other indulgence) because I enjoy it not because I have to.

I really tightened up my diet this September. I hunted with my Dad this August and his age really showed. He's only 63 but he's worn out. He never drank a drop in his life but he never ate healthy and never exercised for the sake of health. Just an active guy that ate whatever he wanted and it didn't do him any good. Now it is catching up to him.

I heard this saying lately: How you perform in your fifties and sixties is the result of how you cared for yourself in your thirties and forties.

I want to be going hard into my 70's so that starts now. No processed, so sugar, few grains, and limited beer.

Never a bad idea to take better care of yourself. Good luck with the month.

jdumke91

FNG
Not happening when old friends come to town for a yearly visit...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I live "Sober This Week" most of the time, generally drinking a couple drinks with dinner every few weeks or less. In support of Sober October I did pour out the last (one) beer I had hanging around in my fridge today. Good luck to those for whom this is a hard thing to do.

co_archer

Lil-Rokslider
I'm actually going the other direction a bit. I had a really clean (alcohol and diet) for Elk in September. Now that waterfowl is starting and I won't be crushing hills, I'm actually trying to put back on some weight and muscle and figure a beer or two a few times a week probably won't hurt.

BUT, more power to you and I highly encourage you to stay the course and do it. I always feel better when I'm not drinking, albeit I don't drink now anywhere near how I drank in my twenties.

crmiller84

Lil-Rokslider
No Sober October for me, like others said we just got into good whiskey-sipping weather.

20190922_220334.jpg

Need to find another bottle of this, had this final pour sitting around for 4 years waiting on a special occasion and that finally happened last week!😁

I’ve been doing “no drink november”since before joe rogan made sober October popular. I owe it to myself, and I save the money for hunting gear anyways haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RobertsA

FNG
No Sober October for me, like others said we just got into good whiskey-sipping weather.

View attachment 124547

Need to find another bottle of this, had this final pour sitting around for 4 years waiting on a special occasion and that finally happened last week!😁
I’m a jack Daniels guy myself but I have yet to see this in any liquor store near my house. Maybe I’ve just never noticed but I might have to look into this one. Looks good