Sober October

Anybody partaking in Sober October? I'm going to spend the month cleaning up a bit after several weddings, concerts, and other events that led to drinking my body weight in beer each time. Going to try to clean up the diet and hopefully pad the bank account a bit more as well.

muddydogs

WKR
Guess I had better have a beer or two in October to make up for all the guys not drinking then. Don't have a problem with alcohol just never saw a reason to drink so much that I need a sober month, can't remember the last time I had a beer, probably last October when I turned 50 and someone gave me a 6 pack of some fancy beer, think the 6 pack lasted until December.
OP good luck with your sober month, maybe you'll turn a corner and realize that sober is better then drunk especially the next day.

K

Kootenay Hunter

Good luck, if you're otherwise healthy you'll lose some weight, if you can keep it off for the remainder of the 11 months, then it was worth it!

I have a drink once in a while, but always remain sober.

OP
coloyooper
I should add that I'm not talking about getting blind drunk all the time. But I've always been a Good Time Charlie. So my focus is not a sip of alcohol for the next 31 days. If all goes well, I'll plan to extend it out and see how I feel.

Vids

WKR
I assume you're referencing the Joe Rogan podcast? I love listening to the Sober October podcasts and hearing about their workout challenges. I always thought it would be fun to do something like that with my buddies.

No, I'm not participating as nothing will taste better than an IPA after elk quarters are back in camp in two weeks. But it wouldn't hurt to scale back a bit in general for me. I don't have a problem with alcohol but these craft beers don't do my waist line any favors...

OP
coloyooper
No, I'm not participating as nothing will taste better than an IPA after elk quarters are back in camp in two weeks. But it wouldn't hurt to scale back a bit in general for me. I don't have a problem with alcohol but these craft beers don't do my waist line any favors...

This is exactly it.

Attachments

• old school.jpg
    old school.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 115

Vids

WKR
This is exactly it.

Don't know where in CO you live, but ever since Weld Werks brewing started distributing to Denver I can't resist swinging by the liquor store every week when their new releases come out. I currently have several cases of beer in the garage I need to get to at some point. I have more of a buying problem than a drinking problem, I want to try everything new.

AT Hiker

FNG
Some of the best seasonal beers get released this time of year...I’m postponing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1000yrds

FNG
i come home from work and i do a lot of thinking and relaxing sipping some scotch and i sleep better. sober is for the weak of heart.

Rob5589

WKR
Uh, no. One thing is certain, cutting back with help you lose some lbs. I'm not a big beer guy so that helps.