Snowpack not looking very good :(

Over 11' for Anchorage this year and we're only 2" away from breaking the all time record, so I'm kind of over it. That said, I would like to see the record broke though. :) Our ski resort down in Girdwood has received over 61' so far this season, and although it's not even close to their record, it's still a hell of a lot of snow. I still have over 2' in the yard right now, and we haven't seen our grass since last Sept/Oct., but the good news is, I probably won't have to mow this year until late June or early July.:ROFLMAO:
93f54f53833b588947d90d09ca922e5a.jpg

alecvg

Lil-Rokslider
We still have maybe 18" of patchy snow on top the divide here west of Helena. I talked to someone from the FS at a meeting last night, he said one of the snowtel sites south of Helena is tied for the lowest recorded year in history. Will be interesting to see how much rain we end up getting.

AKDoc

WKR
Over 11' for Anchorage this year and we're only 2" away from breaking the all time record, so I'm kind of over it. That said, I would like to see the record broke though. :) Our ski resort down in Girdwood has received over 61' so far this season, and although it's not even close to their record, it's still a hell of a lot of snow. I still have over 2' in the yard right now, and we haven't seen our grass since last Sept/Oct., but the good news is, I probably won't have to mow this year until late June or early July.:ROFLMAO:

TB is right on...we're not sure yet if this year will be a bronze, silver or gold medal year for snow fall...but it has been significant for sure! I also have at least a couple feet of snow on the ground here on the hillside right now, and I also agree...I'm done with it for now, too! :ROFLMAO:

Some photos from mid winter:
IMG_9090.jpegIMG_9190.jpegIMG_9156.jpeg

Truly sorry to hear of other locations that are at record lows this year :(...I wish the best for you guys, sincerely!

mt100gr.

WKR
A little cool weather lately has slowed it down, but we're pushing green grass way early this year. Mowed a couple places today. It could be a really long mowing season in western MT or we could be working on irrigation before the 4th of July....roads here are already dusty. And we had an inch of wet snow on the ground a few days ago.

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
6” in Wheat Ridge, CO this morning. This latest storm looks to have put the majority of the state above the 30 year average. We will likely have at least one more significant snowfall in the mountains next week.