Slightly Insulated bibs you can stalk in?

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
I find with Whitetail hunting I am rarely in a stand anymore. I am either walking so far back on public that lugging my stand for a sit or 2 is not practical or I am still hunting which I love. I tend to still hunt about 100-200 then sit for 20-30 minutes.

Down to about 25-30 degrees I will wear a merino base layer and FL Kanab 2.0's. This works great but not when it's really cold (it's going to be 15 degrees this weekend). I normally put on my heavy wool pants or insulated Dickies Bibs at this point but they get hot when walking. Both are rather heavy.

Are there any good middle-of the road bibs out there that are lightweight, tough, and offer some insulation? I tend to go FL/Kuiu/Sitka for my main clothing but would like to keep this somewhat cheap as I only use them a few hunts a year (I'd splurge for the perfect set of bibs).

Gray Wolf Woolens comes to mind but not sure if they're still making custom stuff...

Had an amazing set of Cabela's uninsulated wool bibs from the pre-BPS era...

Current fav is UA Rut Bib. They are windproof fleece - smart, slim fit, warm, light, silent/quiet, durable/long-lasting. Can be got for $150 if you watch online sales. Great for stand or still hunting. Like anything else, will heat you up if moving too fast.

Hope this helps!

OP
M

Macchina

Lil-Rokslider
lqAl7At_d.webp

Nevermind! I went out today in 30” of snow in my Cadet heavy wool pants. Haven’t worn them in a while. I forgot how awesome these pants are! With heavy merino long Johns on I was perfectly comfortable for the 4 mile hike with a couple hours of sitting in the middle. These really are incredible pants. They don’t have cargo pockets which I miss but that’s about the only negative.

I think I’m set on winter stalking pants!