Sleeping pad for truck camping

Azone

WKR
I’ve been using a thermarest mondo king xxl that I purchased a few years back. Works great on the ground and when it’s on my cot it’s lights out as soon as I lay down.

Any more info on the Quomotop? PM works. Thanks.
As far as I can tell it’s pretty much exactly like the mega mat from the reviews I have seen. There are a few YouTube videos of overlanders with them. My wife and I have probably put about 20 nights on ours and it’s been very comfortable. It comes with a storage bag/inflation sack as well and inflates easily.

Edit: Shoot, looks like they may have quit making it. That surprises me. There do seem to be a few similar mattresses on amazon.

Looks like walmart.com still claims to have some: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Qomotop-...uble-Portable-Roll-Up-Floor-Guest-B/371543165

strousek

Lil-Rokslider
For the Exped guys, how durable is that outer layer? I am mostly a backcountry guy and sleep on a Nemo Tensor all summer. When I do truck camp I have my lab with me and no way would I let her claws come near my Nemo. How do you Exped guys think a MegaMat would hold up to a 60 lb. dog stepping on it?

BBob

WKR
I’d say the Mega Mat has a much more durable fabric than the lightweights like my X therm. No problems so far with 75-80lb pitties. They aren’t jumping on it or anything but they have slept and stepped on it a fair amount.

Anyone use a mattress in the green roll-a-cot with the pad sleeve? Just been using one of the green and silver roll up closed cell foam pads. Thinking I can stuff a memory foam in there but not sure what thickness to go with...Don't want inflatable.

For the Exped guys, how durable is that outer layer? I am mostly a backcountry guy and sleep on a Nemo Tensor all summer. When I do truck camp I have my lab with me and no way would I let her claws come near my Nemo. How do you Exped guys think a MegaMat would hold up to a 60 lb. dog stepping on it?
I put a fitted sheet on mine (basically the same as the exped) to further protect it.

swanny

Lil-Rokslider
Should be no issues so long as they aren't a digger. My old lab might do the occasional paw to "fluff' up her spot but nails never punctured. The bigger problems these mats face are cats thinking they are scratching posts at home in their stuff sacks...oh and cactus!

Can't stand sleeping on a balloon, so no inflatibles for car csmpimngm.

Like some others, I use foam mattress toppers. 2 queen foam toppers stacked. I sleep like a baby. Rolled up tight on the drive. Car (truck) camping only.
20181019_164309~2.jpg

Last edited: