Sleeping pad for truck camping

I (and a couple other adults) take the scouts camping once a month. I use a Kodiak tent and it’s been awesome, but I need a super comfortable sleeping pad for year round camping. I may also use it if I run base camp out of my truck on hunting trips. I don’t need something super compact (got it) or light weight (got that too). Just something that I can use to get a good night’s sleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wnelson14

WKR
Classified Approved

I just spent 7 nights in one of these in the summit canvas cutter and it was great, I got the 3” twin xl and cut it to fit, I had to add to the straps but it rolled up decent

I use a Simmons beauty sleep roll up mattress, doubt you'll find anything more comfortable. It works great on a big cot or on the ground and comes with a decent bag to roll it up and store it in.
Simmons Siesta Gel Foam Lounger: Roll-Up Guest/Floor Mat, 3" Twin https://a.co/d/dCCYqpi

Sled

WKR
This is the most comfortable and cost effective that I found. I have back issues and have a difficult time if I can't sleep comfortably. This pad allows me to side sleep without pressure points. The mega mat will too but it was out of stock a couple years ago when I needed to buy.

ALPS Mountaineering Outback Mat https://a.co/d/43CrgT4

I use a Simmons beauty sleep roll up mattress, doubt you'll find anything more comfortable. It works great on a big cot or on the ground and comes with a decent bag to roll it up and store it in.
Simmons Siesta Gel Foam Lounger: Roll-Up Guest/Floor Mat, 3" Twin https://a.co/d/dCCYqpi

Megamat. Careful with memory foam it can turn to rock if it gets cold enough.

Memory foam is temp sensative, part of its original design.
It gets hard in cold temps
Rock hard in real cold temps
And in the heat it’s almost too soft and makes you sweat your nuts off too
Its great at home but not ideal in the outdoors

Thermarest MondoKing 3D has been an awesome truck camping pad for me. Warm and comfortable on the ground or truck bed or on top of a cot.

I've had mine out in single digits, coldest was 3 degrees but we had several days in singles each night and teens the rest that trip. We don't run a tent heater except for 10 mins before crawling in bed and 10 minutes before crawling out and I don't remember having issues with it, maybe it's not good quality memory foam lol

4-inch thick double futon folded in half in the back of my truck.
Retired from guest room = free.
Throw a couple cotton sheets on it, sleeping bag like a quilt, and it's just like home.

dtrkyman

WKR
I have slept on that Milliard mattress from 8 to 80 degrees, no problem, I think it is part memory foam and part some other foam. It is legit!

No inflating just unfold and go, If you have a good size truck just keep it ready, I use mine in the back of my grand cherokee.

I didn’t want to spend the cash on a megamat so I ordered the knock off Quomotop mattress- it’s awesome. If the megamat is any better than it’s got to be fantastic as well.