SJR 8208 Constitutional right to hunt and fish in WA

HUNT JR

WKR
This bill was introduced yesterday I believe. It would put on the ballot a vote on putting the right to hunt and fish into the Washington State Constitution. Please spread the word, and for those who are willing, contact the representatives and let them know your feelings on the bill.

Last edited:
This bill was introduced yesterday I believe. It would put on the ballot a vote on putting the right to hunt and fish into the Washington State Constitution. Please spread the word, and for those who are willing, contact the representatives and let them know your feelings on the bill.
Thanks for the heads up, this is super important for us WA residents, especially given what the commission has been trying to do lately. If anyone see's any SA, Howl, etc. posts or links on this please post them here.

I plan to post/send them to every WA Outdoorsman I know for damn sure.

OP
HUNT JR

HUNT JR

WKR
Thanks for the heads up, this is super important for us WA residents, especially given what the commission has been trying to do lately. If anyone see's any SA, Howl, etc. posts or links on this please post them here.

I plan to post/send them to every WA Outdoorsman I know for damn sure.
I agree, as a WA resident I was glad to see this bill. Hopefully it winds up on a ballot and can get the support it needs to pass.

Ten Bears

WKR
Thanks for posting this. I feel like same rights need to be codified at the national level if we get the right congress and white house again. It’s always been my dream that all of these hunting/fishing/conservation orgs that we all fund could get together for once to accomplish this.

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member

6.5x284

WKR
I commented. I tried to come at it from multiple angles I thought would be important to legislators in WA. I promise you if I took one of these cats out in September and let a bull rip a bugle in their face, they'd be supporting this just as soon as they ordered a bow.

"I want to encourage you to support SJR 8208. As a multigenerational hunter, I can not tell you the life lessons and skills I have learned while hunting as a child, adult, and now as a father. Hunting is so much more than just harvesting clean protein. The memories, bonds, and skills it teaches are so beneficial to a young man or woman's confidence and growth. Subconsciously, it teaches them how to set individual goals, prepare for those goals, and how to celebrate success or work through defeat.

SJR 8208 will not force anyone to adopt hunting in their lifestyle; however it does protect it for those who find it as important in their lives as myself and many others do.

Lastly, the North American model of wildlife conservation depends almost exclusively on hunting dollars for conservation. There are millions of non-consumptive users in this state who benefit from wildlife on the landscape. That wildlife only stays on the landscape if science based management principles and hunting continue to be management tools in Washington.

Please accept my strongest recommendation in support of SJR 8208."

Harvey_NW

WKR
Here's the direct link to log your formal support without testifying, select pro and fill out the required fields.