Sitka Timberline pant vs Arcteryx gamma mx pant

Snicolio

WKR
Hey guys I really need some help, I am heading to Iceland in a couple of weeks and would like to get a good pair of warm and durable pant that I can use on this trip as well as hunting/around town. Temps are going to be in the 30s with snow and some rain. If anybody can give me some input if you have either one of these pants and let me know how warm/comfortable and how they handle the cold/weather it would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from some people.

The timberline is a bit heavier and more durable. The mx is a better all around pant in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No experience with the MX, but the Timberline is best for at or below freezing. With a good base layer I wear it down to 0F on a regular basis when at least moderately active. Perfect winter pant, but general purpose it's not....

It also has a bunch of internal seams due to the articulated construction and they are fairly obvious against the skin due to the thick fabric. Not as comfortable as most soft shell pants in that regard, although a base layer helps.

Hey guys I really need some help, I am heading to Iceland in a couple of weeks and would like to get a good pair of warm and durable pant that I can use on this trip as well as hunting/around town. Temps are going to be in the 30s with snow and some rain. If anybody can give me some input if you have either one of these pants and let me know how warm/comfortable and how they handle the cold/weather it would be greatly appreciated. Looking forward to hearing from some people.

Because timberline has the reinforcement in the rear in knee pads I highly recommend

If you need help with anything Sitka whether pricing or questions just holler

Back