SITKA - Subalpine Whitetail

wayoh22

WKR
SITKA finally did it. Looks like they listened and made some whitetail stuff in Subalpine. Email said 8/14 release

ChrisAU

WKR
I still haven't figured out exactly what whitetail environment the EV2 is supposed to work in other than a late Winter tree in the midwest/north. Just makes you look like a bright gray blob among the green and brown year round in the south.

I still haven't figured out exactly what whitetail environment the EV2 is supposed to work in other than a late Winter tree in the midwest/north. Just makes you look like a bright gray blob among the green and brown year round in the south.
I hunt a lot of subalpine For northeast whitetail. TBH I think later in the season subalpine probably looks a little out of place in the hard wood Forrest’s when the leaves have all dropped. I could t say for sure how a deer sees it, but a dark green blob among grey and brown tree bark and brown leaves probably stands out a bit.

Don’t confuse standing out to a human eye and standing out to a deer eye.
Deer are not seeing the difference between subalpine and EV2. They see the shapes and patterns and any UV brighteners, but not the actual colors.

If you have something in EV2, there is no reason to go buy it in subalpine…similarly, if you dont have a piece dont go buying two for early and late season.

Plenty of people bow hunt in solids. It is not the color of your clothes, it is about hunting skill….

j_volt

WKR
I am going to miss all the Sitka whitetail bros on the interwebs saying "EV2 is scientifically proven to fool a deer. It is the only pattern for deer!"

Deer are not seeing the difference between subalpine and EV2. They see the shapes and patterns and any UV brighteners, but not the actual colors.

If you have something in EV2, there is no reason to go buy it in subalpine…similarly, if you dont have a piece dont go buying two for early and late season.

Plenty of people bow hunt in solids. It is not the color of your clothes, it is about hunting skill….

This guy knows!! Sitka is very good at making fools out of people.

Yard Candy

Lil-Rokslider

^ THIS ^

Deer are red-green color blind. To dumb it down that means EV2 and SUB will look exactly the same to a deer.

If you buy SUB specifically for early season and EV2 specifically for late season, you've fallen victim to a trap called marketing.

Ditt44

Lil-Rokslider
^ ^ x2. I have EV2 and have had mature deer within 10 yards of me, staring straight thru me at ground level... I have a double stand sitting at the base of a large tree and down slope overlooking a couple acres of power line low land/swamp. I am over 20 feet in elevation over the base of the slope and a food plot. One night three mature doe started feeding toward me across another small plot to my right and at eye level, two of them ending up about 25 feet away. After nearly 40 minutes of not moving a muscle, I had to carefully text my wife to get her flashlight and walk down to my stand to spook the deer from the house direction so I could go home :)

I think the color palette of the EV2 and Open Country are more similar. I own a couple SA and OC pieses as well. I think the Sub Alpine is the best overall if you had to have only one, it just doesn't mix and match with EV2 and OC which have a more similar color palette in black/white or even 'deer vision'. For my hunting (PA), the EV2 is fine either in the air or on the ground. I have numerous trail cam pics of deer between the camera and me. With my back to a huge tree, I blend in extremely well.

I have said the same thing since the first piece of Sitka gear i purchased. Here in NC we can wear the supalpine for 90% of our season. Will be nice to have more cold weather option in subalpine.