Sitka sizing

I have never purchased from Sitka before and would like to know how they are on sizing if they are true to size or not. I searched and a forum came up on this topic a year ago so I am curious if they have changed or not?

Chad.frank

Lil-Rokslider
I have never purchased from Sitka before and would like to know how they are on sizing if they are true to size or not. I searched and a forum came up on this topic a year ago so I am curious if they have changed or not?

If it says performance fitting it’s going to run tighter and standard fitting will be true to size. So basically if you wear an XL normally the standard fitting stuff will run the same. Performance fit will be tighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBB111

FNG
I find their jackets to fit a bit small. I'm only 5'10" - 195 lbs. I have broad shoulders but some of the xl's fit to tight and I just can't go to a 2 XL, the arms and body are to long.

You need to try the items on that you are interested in. You will get so many different opinions asking on here. The post above me, the guy is 5’10” and 195 and says that XL can be too small for him. In comparison, I’m 5’11” and 225 pounds. I have a 33” waists and a 51” chest (bodybuilder). From base layers to jackets/coats, I find the XL fits me just fine. All bottoms and pants are Large or 34T. I prefer my clothing to fit pretty close/snug. I don’t like baggy.

Ditto to the above. Not quite as burly as the OK guy...but I am XL in almost every piece. The Kelvin Lite was too tight on me as an XL. I normally have plenty of room in a 36" waist pant...but the new Traverse pant is not as loose in the waist as Timberline.

If you are looking at a specific piece, as specifically for that fit.

Overall, I find Sitka to be the most true to size. FL really pissed me off with how random each piece was. Medium in Merino then need an XXL in Uncomphagre

You May want to toss out some of your measurements and a few similar guys will over thoughts on their fits.

I am 6’3” 250#. I straddle xl long and 2xl in tops. Limiter is usually shoulders and if I want to layer underneath. I wear 38 jeans and their 38 pants work by I size their pants up to get more room in the legs and thighs. I don’t like the skinny jeans feeling.

I only have two experiences with Sitka. The light weight ss t shirt fit true to size for me with a xxl. But the mountain jacket I bought in the same size I would have needed 2-3 sizes larger to fit it was so tight. I am 6’2 with a 50” chest and weigh 275lbs.

It all depends on the cut everything else I am a medium but with my arms and back I had to size up in a jet stream. That’s the only piece for me that I have had issues with and some gloves will fit different as well

I’m 6’ 205# 36” waist and large bottoms/bibs fit great but I need XL jackets if that helps
All my other jackets in life like Patagonia, First lite etc I wear Large

*zap*

WKR
6', 185# and 33" waist. On base layer bottoms large does fine, performance fit pants a 34t does fine and I am an xl in all the tops I have including base layers. My Kelvin ws in xl is roomy....

wapitibob

WKR
Depends on the piece.
I'm 6'3 and 230.
Core lt wt crew ls, med wt zip t, and hvy wt zip t, xxl tall
new jetstream is xxl and is made for some layering; needs a core and med/hvy to fill it out. The xxl tall fit like a tent.
Kelvin down hoody (non ws) I needed xl, the xxl was huge and is made for lots of layering underneath.

FOS373

Lil-Rokslider
As noted, it depends on the piece and when they made it.

6' 185lbs and 34" waist. 44L suit jacket.

I have two pairs of dakota pants, both in 36. The most recent purchase was much slimmer than the older pair.

I have coldfronts in Large and XL and both fit about right, the XL's are just a bit roomier and allow for better layering.

I purchased layout bibs in XL and HOLY CRAP!!! they were BIG!!!! Swapping them for large

I have a Kelvin WS hoody in XL and it fits great and about the same as my Mountain jacket and Vest in Large....

B

T28w

WKR
6 feet 165-170 lbs. 32 -33 waist.
The best fitting jackets for me are exposition cut in a size medium. Everything else pretty much needs to be a large if it is a standard fit. A standard fit medium and I can’t layer anything under it or if it’s a base layer, it’s so tight in my armpit area it drives me nuts. I would consider myself pretty much as average size with an average athletic build and i guess I am just right between med and larges. Larges are a little big and long in the sleeves.

6 feet 165-170 lbs. 32 -33 waist.
The best fitting jackets for me are exposition cut in a size medium. Everything else pretty much needs to be a large if it is a standard fit. A standard fit medium and I can’t layer anything under it or if it’s a base layer, it’s so tight in my armpit area it drives me nuts. I would consider myself pretty much as average size with an average athletic build and i guess I am just right between med and larges. Larges are a little big and long in the sleeves.

I agree with said above

Two Roads

Lil-Rokslider
My wife and I both run 100% Sitka top to bottom. Most items runs true to size but if you are in doubt, just call them direct. They have knowledgable people and our experiences w customer service, both of on this topic, have been excellent. Not only for size, but for helping us with buy once cry once getting it right.