Sitka Arrowhead Equipment MDWi Hoody Review, By Mike Moore

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
MDWiphoto2.jpeg

I'm sure most of you have seen Mike Moore (@mtwarden) around the forums. He spends a ton of time outdoors and puts on more miles than most people I know. In his hunt for the "perfect" active layer, Mike came across the Sitka Arrowhead Equipment MDWi Hoody. @Ryan Avery asked him to give us a review on it and Mike did a great job. Check it out below.

Sitka Arrowhead Equipment MDWi Hoody Review

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Another great member review. Love to see these. And thanks for turning us on to the Sitka Arrowhead division. I’m betting we’re gonna see more good stuff from that

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Gents! :)

Another great member review. Love to see these. And thanks for turning us on to the Sitka Arrowhead division. I’m betting we’re gonna see more good stuff from that

I visited with John (Sitka Arrowhead) just the other day and he said they have several new pieces they have developed and will soon release, that should be of interest both to the military and hunters.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Gents! :)

I visited with John (Sitka Arrowhead) just the other day and he said they have several new pieces they have developed and will soon release, that should be of interest both to the military and hunters.
more review opps!

sneaky

"DADDY"
My only complaint with the Arrowhead gear is Sitka is making this gear for the military.... and sewing it in El Salvador. There's no reason they can't do it here, other than profits. It should be Berry Compliant for the military, no exceptions.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

My only complaint with the Arrowhead gear is Sitka is making this gear for the military.... and sewing it in El Salvador. There's no reason they can't do it here, other than profits. It should be Berry Compliant for the military, no exceptions.

If you look at individual items on the arrowhead site, it states country of origin and compliance toward the bottom. The price difference between TAA compliant vs BERRY compliant items is shocking.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

Why? They aren't selling to big army, no need to be Berry Compliant. Plus, ask around everyone in the US is looking for quality sewing right now, it would be an employment nightmare. Add in the bureaucratic and tax bullshit a corporation has to jump through here. I would just keep keeping on in El Salvador too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

mtwarden

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s available to civilians on several websites. Tactical Distributors to name one. Check out the arrowhead website for other retailers.

That's correct- I want to say they have 6-8 retailers that carry all or some of their line.

To purchase directly from Sitka Arrowhead I think you have to military (or law enforcement)

wayoh22

WKR
That's correct- I want to say they have 6-8 retailers that carry all or some of their line.

To purchase directly from Sitka Arrowhead I think you have to military (or law enforcement)
That's good to know. Thanks for the clarification.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Why? They aren't selling to big army, no need to be Berry Compliant. Plus, ask around everyone in the US is looking for quality sewing right now, it would be an employment nightmare. Add in the bureaucratic and tax bullshit a corporation has to jump through here. I would just keep keeping on in El Salvador too.

Within 25 miles of where I grew up I know of at least half a dozen cut and sew facilities that closed because of work going overseas for cheap labor. Everything Sitka does is profit driven. It's good gear, but the bottom line is driving their production efforts. You're absolutely right, as long as US companies keep looking for cheap ass labor it is going to be hard to find places here to sew their gear because they don't want to pay US wages.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Within 25 miles of where I grew up I know of at least half a dozen cut and sew facilities that closed because of work going overseas for cheap labor. Everything Sitka does is profit driven. It's good gear, but the bottom line is driving their production efforts. You're absolutely right, as long as US companies keep looking for cheap ass labor it is going to be hard to find places here to sew their gear because they don't want to pay US wages.

You're old, those facility's and people are long gone.:) I don't want to derail this thread I will text you.