Single Pin Question

I've got a question for those that are shooting a single pin, I just recently switched over to a single and I really like it. However, I shot a 3D course this weekend and I was way off on my yardage tape. I'm shooting an HHA sight so according to their instructions you are supposed to sight in at 20 then 60 yards, I did that a while back and everything seemed to be good. However this weekend was really the first time I've been able to shoot at varying distances, like 32, 46, 17 etc. My original question actually revolves around my peep sight, I've noticed that as I adjust my slider I no longer have a "ring inside of ring" with my peep and scope housing. For example when I'm set at 50 yards and I come back to full draw and get in my natural anchor point the top half of my scope housing is not inside of my peep. Is that normal or is something off?

I have a couple thoughts that may help.

1. Even though sighting in at 20 and 60 is close it might not be perfect. I always check my tapes after I get sighted in and maybe go up or down a tape depending on what the results are. If you have a sight with a dovetail you can move it in and out slightly to get your tapes perfect also as that will increase or decrease your pin gaps so to speak as you move the sight in and out. You can also just make marks on a blank tape at 20 and 80 then use calipers to measure on a corresponding tape.

2. When you initially set your peep sight move your sight to a more middle position in your yardage. For example if you shoot between 20 and 80 for 3D, try putting your sight at 35 yards and then setting your peep sight. This will make your anchor more consistent throughout the range of your sight.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

I've got a question for those that are shooting a single pin, I just recently switched over to a single and I really like it. However, I shot a 3D course this weekend and I was way off on my yardage tape. I'm shooting an HHA sight so according to their instructions you are supposed to sight in at 20 then 60 yards, I did that a while back and everything seemed to be good. However this weekend was really the first time I've been able to shoot at varying distances, like 32, 46, 17 etc. My original question actually revolves around my peep sight, I've noticed that as I adjust my slider I no longer have a "ring inside of ring" with my peep and scope housing. For example when I'm set at 50 yards and I come back to full draw and get in my natural anchor point the top half of my scope housing is not inside of my peep. Is that normal or is something off?
After giving it more thought I have a couple questions.

We're you using the exact same equipment as before i.e. the same rangefinder or using someone else's? Did you change arrows or field trip weights? Same release?

Was it known distance or were you judging yardage?

I am just trying to get a bigger picture.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Brendan

WKR
Housing still needs to be centered in your peep.

Set the peep in the middle of your effective range, and minor alterations in anchor or front arm are required to keep that alignment.

OP
Upchurch_k
That's kind of what I thought was the right answer just wasn't sure. It seemed weird that the scope housing wouldn't be centered.