Silencerco Scythe TI review

OP
C
Spent that rugged Alaskan pretty much fall short in every category other than weight? I’d imagine is must be a lot better than not having a silencer but aren’t they pretty loud? A large bore diameter and only 4 baffles or something.
Yes i think its way overpriced. The stainless is the same price as lots of titanium ones that outperform it, and the TI is still more expensive than the scythe I believe. It doesnt sound hearing safe to me on anything ive tried it on(9mm, 6.5 prc and 300 prc)

elim

FNG
I have ran the 124's but just ordered the 123's and 129's to try and get speed out of a 16" Creedmoor. Trying to figure what powder to run with the short 16"

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I have ran the 124's but just ordered the 123's and 129's to try and get speed out of a 16" Creedmoor. Trying to figure what powder to run with the short 16"
I don’t know about out of a 16” gun but my 18” tikka and 21” Seekins get good velocity with varget and the 124.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yes i think its way overpriced. The stainless is the same price as lots of titanium ones that outperform it, and the TI is still more expensive than the scythe I believe. It doesnt sound hearing safe to me on anything ive tried it on(9mm, 6.5 prc and 300 prc)
It’s too bad because when that one came out it seemed so awesome. I think the titanium one retails for like 1400 dollars so it’s one of the more expensive ones out there.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
What are you getting for speeds out of the 18" gun with Varget
I was getting it around 2820 with 40g varget. I’m going to shoot those out of my 21” later today to get a speed. My friend with a 22 tikka gets well over 2900 with that load.

Have you joined the hammer bullets Facebook group? They have a bunch of crowd sourced load data and chrono speeds available.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
They claim 300-400 fps speeds over a conventual bullet. I do not know what length barrel they are using.
All their bullets are fast, I guess they have less surface area on the bore and for some reason it seems like guys get away with loading them hot. Check out the data sheet on the Facebook group, I’m sure somebody has tried out those bullets you are asking about and has a few load recipes listed.

eltaco

WKR
The crappy part about silencers. You get all excited, wait a year to be disipointed

I waited about 5mo for my Scythe TI. First can, and honestly I’m super happy with it. My kids were laughing hysterically at the sound difference between it and the brake I had on the rifle before. I have to say that I’m quite pleased with my purchase. I don’t have anything else to compare it to, but it made a meaningful change on my setup. I’d buy it again in a heartbeat.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
He might be talking about the rugged can there
Yeah that would make sense. When I got my first silencer I waited 15 months. The day I got it I took it to the range and after that first shot I was sold, no turning back, no disappointment.

OP
C
Yeah that would make sense. When I got my first silencer I waited 15 months. The day I got it I took it to the range and after that first shot I was sold, no turning back, no disappointment.
Im so impatient.. im glad i decided to become a dealer. Ive been waiting for a custom gun for over 2 years and I hate it lol

elim

FNG
Yes it is the 360ti. It is a pretty cool light weight set up but a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong it is nice but when I run the same rifle with both the Q Jumbo Shrimp and the 360 I like the Q better. I think that is the silencer rabbit hole that has screwed me up.........

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Yes it is the 360ti. It is a pretty cool light weight set up but a little disappointed. Don't get me wrong it is nice but when I run the same rifle with both the Q Jumbo Shrimp and the 360 I like the Q better. I think that is the silencer rabbit hole that has screwed me up.........
I get it man, my first one was a banish 30 so I know what you’re saying but at the same time, you have a nice light compact silencer setup that can handle cartridges lots of cans can’t.

It may not be the most quiet thing out there but it has to be much better than no silencer at all.

Sevens

WKR
Got my approval yesterday (59 days) and picked up my Scythe this morning.

Had some Hammers waiting in my mailbox when I got home…

Solid Saturday.

Sent my APR Maverick down to Alamo for a rebarrel to a 7 Saum and had it put in a XLR 4.0MG.

Can’t wait to get this project shooting.

Gleaned a lot of info from all the posts about this can and other rifle builds to put this together. Appreciate this site a ton.

View attachment 678254
Individual or trust?

BAKPAKR

WKR
My rifle is threaded 9/16-24. With the Scythe, do I just need to order a 9/16-24 Bravo mount to replace the 5/8-24 mount that is in the box?