Silencerco Scythe TI review

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My rifle is threaded 9/16-24. With the Scythe, do I just need to order a 9/16-24 Bravo mount to replace the 5/8-24 mount that is in the box?
If they have a cap that has those threads that would be the best option, otherwise you need one of those little adapter pieces.

lager

FNG
The Scythe titanium mounts are only threaded 5/8 and 1/2 inch. I need a 9/16 x 24 for my scythe to use on a different rifle , but wondering how much those Bravo mounts weigh vs the titanium ? I asume the bravo are steel ??

Tahoe1305

WKR
The Scythe titanium mounts are only threaded 5/8 and 1/2 inch. I need a 9/16 x 24 for my scythe to use on a different rifle , but wondering how much those Bravo mounts weigh vs the titanium ? I asume the bravo are steel ??
Lots of options. Googles your friend. Steel bravo will cost you ~1-1.5oz for sure. Ti will cost you $150

Last edited:

Tahoe1305

WKR
Lots of options. Googles your friend. Steel bravo will cost you ~1-1.5oz for sure. Ti will cost you $150

Some weights of a few options (all 5/8 for weights). Believe all make 9/16 as well.

First is omega 300 OEM. 2.2oz.
Second is nomad LT OEM 1.4oz
Third is DD OEM 1oz

Edit: appears DD does not. But a great option for some needing 5/8. $55 @1oz. I sprayed some black alumnhyde on mine and it’s held up well fwiw.

Attachments

• IMG_9991.jpeg
    IMG_9991.jpeg
    296.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9990.jpeg
    IMG_9990.jpeg
    287.2 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9989.jpeg
    IMG_9989.jpeg
    305.3 KB · Views: 41

GS-907

FNG
Does anyone have experience with how much recoil reduction is lost when changing the standard cap with a break to a lighter titanium cap?

MikeDeltaFoxtrot

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered a custom suppressor cover from Armageddon Gear for my Scythe Ti. Here are some photos. They don't list it as a standard size yet, but I measured and put the size it. It was in my hand less than a week after I ordered it.

Attachments

• Scythe with cover 1.jpg
    Scythe with cover 1.jpg
    266.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Scythe with cover 2.jpg
    Scythe with cover 2.jpg
    272.8 KB · Views: 77
  • Scythe with cover 3.jpg
    Scythe with cover 3.jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 77
I swear I read that this was not "user servicable", which I suspect means you cannot take it appart to clean the inside. I am new to supressors, 1st one just started it's jail sentance, so take it easy, I am learning.
Can this be taken appart and cleaned? Wouldn't this be an issue for something that gets dirty?
That’s a feature IMO. Have had Hybrid with over 6000 rounds and it’s a couple oz heavier, but overall relatively clean. Mostly comblock AK ammo too. I figured I’d send to SiCo to clean. Not seen the need yet.
Think about it, some of the chemicals you may use may create seriously toxic waste. You can’t dump it down the drain, and it’s lethal to kids. so outsource this task.

I ordered a custom suppressor cover from Armageddon Gear for my Scythe Ti. Here are some photos. They don't list it as a standard size yet, but I measured and put the size it. It was in my hand less than a week after I ordered it.

Looks like a fair bit of the end of the can would be uncovered? Edit: looked closer, its just the pic with the cover behind, depth perception makes it look short. Looks like its probably good but you'll want to tighten up the back end of it to pull the front behind the anchor brake port.

Last edited:
I thought both pics on the can were the threaded end but looks like one side is the brake and it’s covering the brake?

Edit: @MikeDeltaFoxtrot it looks like it might be on backwards in your pics? If you spin it around and cinch the breech end up around that part of the can that should keep it from sliding forward and covering the brake ports.

Last edited:

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
I thought both pics on the can were the threaded end but looks like one side is the brake and it’s covering the brake?
That was my first thought as well. Seems like you’d want the brake part to not be covered. Might damage the cover, maybe not.

The cover that came with my banish 30 is made for a 9” can, I had it on my silencer set at 7” and the cover pulled back. It worked its way forward and the damage from just a couple rounds with it up in the blast area was significant for just a few rounds. Seems like a cover covering the brake ports would do the same.

Here's pics of a can chaps cover on a scythe. So far I really like the fit and how it stays put compared to the AG I have on my Ultra 7. It is definitely heavier, I’d guess maybe 40%ish on avg. Only shot it one day thus far so cant say definitively if there is a difference in mirage abatement. B48E9E67-05FA-454E-BDD6-4C98330593CD.jpegB2305551-EC7C-4CFE-A424-92B5CED7B93C.jpeg51DF356D-AA18-45E9-8663-E29C4C98A8D6.jpeg

It’s hard for me to understand how the anchor brake can both work and not raise the shooters ear numbers significantly

I'm with ya it has to raise db some, the question is how much. I think TBAC had the omega 300 with and without the 3 port anchor brake at the silencer summit and there was significant difference.

Only had 1 day with my scythe thus far on an 18" 6 creed. Previously had a gen 1 ultra 7 on it. I didn't swap them back and forth but just off memory it seemed about on par with the U7, maybe a hair louder but that's a giant WAG because they weren't back to back. Part of it might be that I moved the u7 to a 28" 6.5x47 so with less powder and 10" more barrel shooting back to back that x47 was definitely quieter that day. The Scythe was plenty quiet, i'd have zero reservations using with 1 port anchor brake hunting without ear pro.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I'm with ya it has to raise db some, the question is how much. I think TBAC had the omega 300 with and without the 3 port anchor brake at the silencer summit and there was significant difference.

Only had 1 day with my scythe thus far on an 18" 6 creed. Previously had a gen 1 ultra 7 on it. I didn't swap them back and forth but just off memory it seemed about on par with the U7, maybe a hair louder but that's a giant WAG because they weren't back to back. Part of it might be that I moved the u7 to a 28" 6.5x47 so with less powder and 10" more barrel shooting back to back that x47 was definitely quieter that day. The Scythe was plenty quiet, i'd have zero reservations using with 1 port anchor brake hunting without ear pro.
Just looked. Depending what values you look at the brake actually reduces db by a few. That matches what dead air says with their ebrake system as well fwiw. I think it’s counter intuitive.

IMO I wouldn’t put a break on to reduce noise (even if data slightly supports it….for some reason). The brakes I have used do appear to slightly reduce recoil and that’s a good reason if weight/length isn’t an issue. Any reduction in noise is just a weird benefit I guess.

Tahoe1305

WKR

You acknowledge this as well, but 10” of barrel will make a huge difference in sound suppression. If the sycthe sounded close with a “similar” power round (albeit smaller bullet so a suppression hit there too) and a 10” shorter barrel. It would no doubt be on par and likely better back to back with same gun/round.