Sight tape software?

What the best option to print new tapes for my mbg sight,the on i have on there is in need if replacement and they wont photo copy one so i can make copys?He recommend thearcheryprogram.com but i cant seem to get it to come up other than a suspicious site.

OP
C
What option do you pick if you have a black gold ascent verdict?cant believe they dont have that option.

Most of the programs that print tapes you need to have dials so you can input a start and stop.

Like you started at 10.4 for 20 yards, then at 80 you were 54.7 or something. It then scales a tape to fit that.

You should be able to do the same thing with manual inputs. Just using a micrometer and probably your fps, but I don't know, haven't done it.

A lot of the MBG's are just wheels to move without marks. The Competition sight is of course different.

Most of the programs that print tapes you need to have dials so you can input a start and stop.

Like you started at 10.4 for 20 yards, then at 80 you were 54.7 or something. It then scales a tape to fit that.

You should be able to do the same thing with manual inputs. Just using a micrometer and probably your fps, but I don't know, haven't done it.

A lot of the MBG's are just wheels to move without marks. The Competition sight is of course different.

Just looked, on Archers Advantage if you go to help, then sight setup if gives you a few different ways to do it.

I really like Archers Advantage. If your sight isn’t listed you can measure the gap between your 20 and 60 (or 70,80 etc) and add this. Make sure you use calipers and are getting a super accurate distance. I’ve never done this but had a friend do it and his tape was ridiculously close. Small tweaks from there.

Holocene

WKR
Archers Advantage works great for the sights I've used -- Spot Hogg, Black Gold, etc.

When creating a sight tape, you will need to pick the right calibration scale. Somewhere on the internet there's a suggestion for Black Gold's scale. It's different than Spot Hogg's...

These tapes are awesome and accurate. I use our color printer and a sheet of postage label paper, which is a huge sticker and lets you cut out a tape and just stick it on without fooling with glues.

Of course, shoot at distance to verify your tape. Some variance can start to show up around 60, 70, 80 yards, so often I'll put pencil marks at every 10 yards distance and then either re-print a tape or just use the manual overrides.

Point is, the programs are great for getting started but always verify by hand.

OP
C
What if my black gold site is ran all the way up,i have a 20,30&40 and the 40 is the floater.My tape starts at 40.
Do i just take off old tape,shot my 20 and put a mark were the 40 indicator is for a 20 mark and use the same pin and start shooting and making new marks?

You can input what your first pin is. So if you want to start at 40, then work out to 80 or something that's fine.

You are going to need to use the same pin the whole time of course.

OP
C
I told them i just needed one,I should have made copys to just retape spares.I figured they may make a paper copy but they didnt.