Archer's Mark App. Question

chasewild

WKR
I'm building my own tape using this App. and it appears that there are only sights with "clicks" that can be selected but there are so many people that use it, that there has to be a way to use this program with MBG ascent or one of the many other sites that don't adjust with clicks.

Has anyone used this App. with a MBG or other similar site?

I know Archers Advantage you can select the "inch" sight, but that's not an option here.

Attachments

• IMG-4477.PNG
    IMG-4477.PNG
    255.3 KB · Views: 17
I don't know how to put manually measured distances into Archers Mark.

If you can't figure it out PM me. I have another program that you can, I'll send you what it puts out if it will help.

OP
chasewild

chasewild

WKR
Ya, you can do that, but before you get to that point, you have to select the sight you are using -- and they only have a list of sights that have clicks (see the pic. I attached to my original post).

Kind of wishing I went with Archer's Advantage right now.

Ya, you can do that, but before you get to that point, you have to select the sight you are using -- and they only have a list of sights that have clicks (see the pic. I attached to my original post).

Kind of wishing I went with Archer's Advantage right now.

If you can do that, you don't need to select a sight.

Measuring it removes the sight from the equation.

Archers mark is designed more around just shooting off a sight scale.

ZDR

WKR
The sight type/click function is key to making AM work as different sights will move a different amount per click. I use it on an Axcel achieve and a shibuya, but it’s a love/hate relationship with it. Archers Advantage is way more flexible.

OP
chasewild

chasewild

WKR
Yup. Confirmed. Archers Mark needs a sight with a turret or “click” system. They emailed me just now. Thank you everyone that responded!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: ZDR
OP
chasewild

chasewild

WKR
What a great learning process this has been.

I shot in my 20 yard pin. Then I went back and shot a 50 yard pin. Measured the gap with a micrometer, and then matched it to the tap. The difference between my chronographed speed and the tape I used was 14 FPS!!!

But, I'm out of $20 for the archer's mark -- doesn't look like they refund.

Thanks @Billy Goat and @ZDR for your help.

What a great learning process this has been.

I shot in my 20 yard pin. Then I went back and shot a 50 yard pin. Measured the gap with a micrometer, and then matched it to the tap. The difference between my chronographed speed and the tape I used was 14 FPS!!!

But, I'm out of $20 for the archer's mark -- doesn't look like they refund.

Thanks @Billy Goat and @ZDR for your help.

Normally with AA my FPS is very close, but it's a lot of variables.

OP
chasewild

chasewild

WKR
For sure. I've used AA before (when I was in the lower 48 with a shop that used it) and it was always really close.

The stock tapes provided by MBG were not close. At all. Despite the shop up here telling me that my 2016 Energy would likely be "spot on."

ZDR

WKR
The problem with speed based tapes is that draw length / peep to pin distance is different from archer to archer. 2 bows/2 different archers shooting the same speed won’t have the same sight tape most likely. The process you used with shooting in 2pins and precisely measuring the gap is solid.