Sig Kilo 10k Gen 2 / Leica Geovid Pro AB

I’ll post an update and quick review shortly comparing the Sig 10K Gen2 and the Leica Geovid Pro 10x42 AB soon. I’m sure there are other reviews.
I’ll have pics attached too. These are not even close in comparison. Hopefully the review will save several from dropping $3k on the wrong pair.

Attachments

• IMG_5671.jpeg
    IMG_5671.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 19
Watching.

Are the Leicas the model with the hit probability calculator built in?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ll post an update and quick review shortly comparing the Sig 10K Gen2 and the Leica Geovid Pro 10x42 AB soon. I’m sure there are other reviews.
I’ll have pics attached too. These are not even close in comparison. Hopefully the review will save several from dropping $3k on the wrong pair.
Given that the Sigs are closer to $2k I'd say the Leica's were underwhelming? Looking forward to your review. I have my eye on these Sigs over the BLR10B's...

OP
P
Given that the Sigs are closer to $2k I'd say the Leica's were underwhelming? Looking forward to your review. I have my eye on these Sigs over the BLR10B's...

Disappointed with the Leicas to say the least. Amazes Leica can’t seem to get their act together with their rangefinders. A lot jump on to make excuses for them. But the gigs up. The glass on the big names is just ever so slightly better. Almost not even noticeable now. The Gen 2’s are close optically. So why the $3-4k price tag is beyond me for a lesser product. Holding the Leicas or “in hand feel” is about all they had over the Sigs.

Last edited:
I'm interested to see your review as well. I've played with both but not side by side. I've loved the feel and glass of the leica since they came out with the hd-b, but the sigs have had a much better rangefinder than anyone else for years. I was very impressed with the glass on the new ones next to the NL pure, I also am glad they included the ability to instantly input your wind.

that's a bummer, sorry to hear that. I've had the 1400 when they first came out, the 2400, when it came out, and I have 3 pair of the bdx 3000, I didn't have an issue with any of them luckily. I've had swaro, leica, zeiss and the signs. the 15x56 leicas worked fine, just slow and didn't reach far enough for my application, the hd-b leica had to be sent back and didn't work well at all, the other pair I had did but were slow. the swaros didn't range even close to what I like so I sold them quickly, not a ton of time with them. the zeis were pretty good, though I did need to send them in. zeiss was awesome and sent me a replacement pair while I waited for them to return. I have a ton of experience with rangefinders and I've tried just about everything from the companies above and for what I use them for, the sigs were definitely the best. most of the guys I work and hunt with would agree but of course not everyone. just my personal experiences and expectations though.