New Leica Geovid pro AB+

mddat

FNG
I wonder what’s different about this version vs the normal geovid pro 42. Hopefully the ranging capability has being updated and similar to the sig 10k or revic blr10b. Can’t find any other info yet thou

image hosting sites

OP
mddat

mddat

FNG
I was looking for info on the geovid pro and came across this on a Canadian retailer site shootingwarehouse.com

JGRaider

WKR
Unless they upgraded the RF, the Leica won't range as well as the Sigs or Vortex Fury AB. I'd guess the AB+ means they will finally be able to give a ballistic solution past 800 yards. What a novel idea for a $2600+ unit.

bpurtz

WKR
Unless they upgraded the RF, the Leica won't range as well as the Sigs or Vortex Fury AB. I'd guess the AB+ means they will finally be able to give a ballistic solution past 800 yards. What a novel idea for a $2600+ unit.
I've read that European law limits civilian rangefinders that provide a ballistic solution to 800 meters. I'm curious though, what benefit is a >1000 yard ballistic solution or a 5000 yard range verification?

I've read that European law limits civilian rangefinders that provide a ballistic solution to 800 meters. I'm curious though, what benefit is a >1000 yard ballistic solution or a 5000 yard range verification?
I would think the idea of 1000+ yard ballistic solutions is to get a bigger hold on the long range competition scene. I’m sure some will find it useful for hunting too.

bpurtz

WKR
I would think the idea of 1000+ yard ballistic solutions is to get a bigger hold on the long range competition scene. I’m sure some will find it useful for hunting too.
I suppose. I'm not a competitive shooter so idk - I thought most of those guys use a kestrel and/or an app.

Nickels

FNG
As mentioned, EU regs do limit it to 800 meters.
You can however, upgrade the binos with AB elite to remove that limit.

joshr

FNG
Would love to be able to update my near new Pro42 to AB+
Hopefully they open this option similar to how they did AB for the legacy . Com products

In all of the Geovid generations, have there been any upgrades to the quality of glass? Or has each new model's upgrade been solely technology based?

In all of the Geovid generations, have there been any upgrades to the quality of glass? Or has each new model's upgrade been solely technology based?
I don’t know how they’d upgrade any more over the Pro’s that are out. Crazy high light transmission, excellent resolution and so on. They don’t suffer from poor optical quality in the right barrel like others due to the range finder.

BA33

FNG
Hi, any update on these? I’m in the market for my first pair and I am debating on which company to go with. Seems you can save a good amount by going with a model that is a year or two old and may do everything I need