New Leica Geovid pro AB+

Hi, any update on these? I’m in the market for my first pair and I am debating on which company to go with. Seems you can save a good amount by going with a model that is a year or two old and may do everything I need

I believe that Doug at Cameraland NY is expecting some to come in soon. I would give him a call to discuss.

The price tag on them is pretty steep, however. $3499. I am not sure they are worth the extra $1000 over the Sig 10K, or $2000 more than the Vortex Fury 5000.

Hi, any update on these? I’m in the market for my first pair and I am debating on which company to go with. Seems you can save a good amount by going with a model that is a year or two old and may do everything I need
I think @Ryan Avery said in the shot show recap episode that the ballistics were still kinda slow like the vortex fury but very good glass. The revic is still faster with ballistic solution but not as high quality glass.

AFAIK the standard 10x42 Geovid Pro model is the same as the new AB+ however with only AB lite/ultralite. It can be upgraded to the AB+ for $150.

buckpro

FNG
These were a complete let down. The glass is of course great but they had opportunity to blow Sig out of the water with AB software and good glass combo.
First, rangefinder sucks. It won't range 500 yards in a ultra light rain or high humidity.
Application is terrible, you cant adjust for wind on the fly, everything has to be run through the app. The rangefinder crosshair is a circle, a rather large one at that. Your MOA shows up for 5 seconds max and requires a rerange once is goes away.

If Sig would put leica or swaro type glass in there 10k binos, it would be the best thing since sliced bread.

parshal

WKR
You most certainly can change wind on the fly from the bino. I've gone it multiple times just testing things out. I don't use that feature.

Yeah, they're not good in fog or rain and there's no setting for it which is disappointing. They were sketchy at times at the Laramie NRL Hunter this past weekend. To be fair, my Steiner Military binos were marginally better at 3x the cost.

Attachments

• laramie3 low res.jpg
    laramie3 low res.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 6
glad y’all are posting these reports - I need glass and can’t seem to determine the best glass and tech combo.

Maybe that’s gonna be vector x or revic Acura?!