Show us your bench!

SwampDog, what's attaching your bench top to the base? Looks like just the carriage bolts - I am about to build my bench and want the top to be semi-permanent so I can transport the top separate from the base (I will be moving in the next year or two and don't want to have a 300lb bench in one piece). Would you mind posting your materials/plans? Want to build something similar

Airborne, it's just the four carriage bolts holding the 2x6 framed top to the 4x4s so it'll come right off if needed. That's how I got it up there. The shelf under the bench top can come off just as easily. I don't think I have any plans for it since I just kind of sketched out what I wanted and went to town.

Airborne, it's just the four carriage bolts holding the 2x6 framed top to the 4x4s so it'll come right off if needed. That's how I got it up there. The shelf under the bench top can come off just as easily. I don't think I have any plans for it since I just kind of sketched out what I wanted and went to town.

Awesome - simple enough. Out of curiosity, how does the bottom shelf attach? Carriage bolts too or did you build some nubs for it to sit on?

I built this bench late last year, 13 feet by 7 feet. I love it. I used a lot of stuff from Inline Fabrication on this setup and a cool Kobalt cabinet from Lowes. These are older pictures, I will try to get some updated ones soon.

Attachments

• IMG_2488.jpg
    IMG_2488.jpg
    258.8 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_2561.jpg
    IMG_2561.jpg
    237.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_2564.jpg
    IMG_2564.jpg
    247.5 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_2888.JPG
    IMG_2888.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 104
being stuck in the laundry I had to use 2 benches
6P4MD3n.jpg

RC39xRC.jpg

I’ve got a fractured T12 and my tibia and fibula are fractured so I can’t get downstairs to my gun/reloading room. Here’s a pic of my temporary setup upstairs in my kids toy room. I need to get some powder and components up so I can start reloading a little at a time. I’m pretty sore yet after a month. I’ve got a long road ahead of me.

8E863937-1814-454E-B134-EB7C11679A71.jpeg

That’s my plan. I’ve slept in my own bed 4 times in 5 weeks. I’m living in my recliner with a memory foam mattress cut to fit it.

At least I’m not dead.

I think my temp setup is done for now so I can start getting busy. My setup in the basement is 3x more bench space plus shelving and gun storage. Cheap bench from Menard’s is cheap. I wouldn’t suggest it for something permanent unless you reinforce it with 2x4s for cross bracing.

15F41AD7-83DE-4D4F-A874-8AFE01FCFE86.jpeg

Back