Whats missing on your bench?

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
@WKR @Slick8 so do they flow well enough that it's more like a toilet bowl? I get annoyed with having to tap the side of the funnel sometimes. I do have a few loads that are close to full and I think a swirl would help as well as the drop tube.

Thanks!
Yup, actually the toilet bowl is a great analogy 🤣
If I was home I would post a picture but basically they designed it to be like a toilet bowl swirl.

I found this picture that illustrates it well.20240310_134238.jpg

Edit: see in pic where it says 1.250" drop tube, I use two of those to get a longer drop for the more compressed loads, but I don't know if its completely necessary as I havent tried with just one.

ElkTycoon

FNG
thinking about it more, the latest reloading bench I made was smaller, has drawers instead of shelves, and I stand up while I reload. And the drawers let me be more organized than anything I’ve built/used in the past.

One thing I hated was how much space the stupid green die boxes took up. So I built a little storage rack this keeps my dies accessible for quick access without taking up too much space.

I keep my powder/primers and extra bullets and some misc gear all in a storage room in my basement.

IMG_4328.jpeg IMG_4329.jpeg

IMG_4330.jpeg IMG_4331.jpeg

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
Are auto tricklers that big of a game changer?
Just finished tuning mine to VV N555
Did a little test. 5 drops timed in seconds.
With a little human error thats still an average of 10.1 seconds per drop.

I dont think any standard electronic powder drop can compete with that. Even the matchmaster takes way longer and isn't as accurate

ElkTycoon

FNG
I guess I need to start shooting more so I can justify upgrading from my Chargemaster 😂

For high volume I can see an autotrickler being worth its weight in gold for time savings.

Mag_7s

WKR
I've been surprisingly happy with the funnel kit from Frankford. For the money, I think it's a tough one to beat. For charges that would otherwise need a drop tube, I just keep them in the loading block and place in close proximity to my vibratory case tumbler. Much quicker than the tooth brush method.

Mtandrew

FNG
This poor man just needs to replace my Frankford Arsenal powder dropper. Just took a crap on me. Any of you dreamers upgrade from an rcbs and looking to sell?

BWSmith

FNG
This "was" missing;

Take off,upgrade of a cabine tree hardness tester. Like going from a KIA to an AMG Mercedes 300SL. Direct reading,vs a two step process like a Lee.

The other tester is a very nicely finished,vertical impact machine. It dosen't photo well...at all.

Screenshot_20240312-033854_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20240312-034047_Gallery.jpg

northernalpine

Lil-Rokslider
Just finished tuning mine to VV N555
Did a little test. 5 drops timed in seconds.
With a little human error thats still an average of 10.1 seconds per drop.

I dont think any standard electronic powder drop can compete with that. Even the matchmaster takes way longer and isn't as accurate
How would you compare it to the Ingenuity Powder System? I’m doing the math on annealer and powder system upgrades at the moment.

If you haven’t seen the Ingenuity kit yet, here’s the link: Ingenuity Powder System

OP
WKR

WKR

WKR
How would you compare it to the Ingenuity Powder System? I’m doing the math on annealer and powder system upgrades at the moment.

If you haven’t seen the Ingenuity kit yet, here’s the link: Ingenuity Powder System
I have seen it but never used it, It looks awesome.
I dont think you can go wrong with either the Ingenuity, v4, or super trickler. At that point its just personal preference and how much money you want to spend.

I got my scale and V4 for $800 from a buddy so thats why I went with an autotrickler

seand

Lil-Rokslider
What do you think you gained using it?

Anyone else?
Use on a Dillon on top of the powder die instead of a Dillon measure. The powder drop tube gets the funnel above the dies where there is room. Then you can drop powder with whatever you want, and still get some of the speed benefit of a progressive. Transfer over by hand by powder cup from an auto trickler if you are into that. I’ve got a lee perfect drum measure mounted above the funnel (heavy duty ram mount on wall so the press vibrations don’t affect powder settling in the drum )so I can drop powders with my preferred measure thru the funnel into the case

Lawnboi

WKR
@WKR @Slick8 so do they flow well enough that it's more like a toilet bowl? I get annoyed with having to tap the side of the funnel sometimes. I do have a few loads that are close to full and I think a swirl would help as well as the drop tube.

Thanks!

Iv got the sac funnel along with area 419.

If you use a lot of small extruded or ball powder, the sac tends to heave a few kernels in the neck and needs a tap.

If it’s for larger extruded powder like varget and up the SAC is awesome. I have issues with bridging in 22 and 6 creed with the area 419 which occasionally leaves a bench full of powder. That dosnt happen with the sac.

I gave up on compressed charges a long time ago, waste of time, I just grab a faster powder.

jphares44

FNG
An AMP annealer and Henderson trimmer would be the tits. Having the auto-trickler for my A&D balance would be alright, too.

jphares44

FNG
thinking about it more, the latest reloading bench I made was smaller, has drawers instead of shelves, and I stand up while I reload. And the drawers let me be more organized than anything I’ve built/used in the past.

One thing I hated was how much space the stupid green die boxes took up. So I built a little storage rack this keeps my dies accessible for quick access without taking up too much space.

I keep my powder/primers and extra bullets and some misc gear all in a storage room in my basement.

View attachment 685436 View attachment 685438

View attachment 685439 View attachment 685440
Love this setup. Compact and organized!

sndmn11

WKR
Iv got the sac funnel along with area 419.

If you use a lot of small extruded or ball powder, the sac tends to heave a few kernels in the neck and needs a tap.

If it’s for larger extruded powder like varget and up the SAC is awesome. I have issues with bridging in 22 and 6 creed with the area 419 which occasionally leaves a bench full of powder. That dosnt happen with the sac.

I gave up on compressed charges a long time ago, waste of time, I just grab a faster powder.
Well poo.

I ordered the area 419 and have 22 and 6 creed in a few weeks.

Lawnboi

WKR
Well poo.

I ordered the area 419 and have 22 and 6 creed in a few weeks.
The sac isn’t that much better and is a hard buy if you’re not already invested in their comparator. But it does work good at getting h4350 through small holes.

That said with the sac you can buy the comparator head, leaps above the cheap Hornady.

All this fancy powder funnel talk, I've never had an issue with a powder funnel? any bridging can be addressed by taking 3 seconds to pour the powder charge. All i've ever used is these caliber specific satern ones ($10?):
1710524089888.png

Or this one size fits all forster one if I need the drop tube.

1710524047816.png