Shooting bow living in an apartment

Virginian

Lil-Rokslider
So I'm starting grad school in a couple months and will be moving to a new state. I'll be living in an apartment and will need to shoot my bow to stay sane. Beyond the obvious idea of going to an archery range does anyone try shooting at their apartment complex? I picked an apartment with a wooded area surrounding it. So I may be able to sneak off and shoot. I will technically be living I the city so I don't know if they're are typically rules against such. I've always lived in the country where I've never give it a second thought. May be better to ask for forgiveness than permission

NVVAHunt

Lil-Rokslider
I would def check out county/city/town ordinance about archery if you plan to try and shoot in the woods by your apartment. You def don’t won’t to end up asking “forgiveness” in court. As for in the apartment, I used to do a lot of close up “blank bale shooting” to work on form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Northpark

WKR
My suggestion would be look for local indoor archery club. In the winter when it’s too cold and windy to shoot outside I shoot 10 yards in my basement. I aim at tiny things like the end of a crayon. Helps with form and seems to translate well once I can go back outside.

TxxAgg

WKR
I've shot thousands of arrows inside my apartment back pre-family. I think i could get 14 yds

Will_m

WKR
You will almost certainly be asked to stop if they catch you shooting in/around the complex. Too many liability issues.

Joe Holden

Lil-Rokslider
I've shot a lot of arrows inside my apartments as well. Never far, top end at maybe 7 yards, but keeps my form in check.

Laramie

WKR
What city and state? Good chance members on here can help you with safe sites to shoot.

ncavi8tor

WKR
Out the window, good practice for those sharp angle shots.
And if he could get on the roof of the apartment complex that would really dial in those steep downhill shots!!!

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk