Shoot2Hunt University

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU
I don't know much about the area, actually never been to Montana before. Do you think it's possible to get an Uber from the airport to that location? Assuming it's in the same spot.

It will be based around Big Timber MT.
You could get an Uber to anywhere, but I am not sure about the cost.

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
You’re talking to the guy that got a Lyft from Denver to Casper to make the pronghorn opener last year.

Eff United…not a real airline.

This is what it cost this year to have a car for the week flying into Bozeman:

Price Summary​
Due at pick-up: $265.51​
Base Price: $189.92​
Taxes and Fees: $75.59​

Last edited:

Gstew1930

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I’m making all of my ammo so I don’t know how else to get it there besides drive? Long ass drive. 23.5 hours

Man I wish I had the extra funds to do that winter course. It's right up my alley. Sadly, I can't convince my wife of the virtues of "he who dies with the most debt wins"

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
You can fly with reloads, it just needs to be checked and stored in a cartridge box (no ziplocks or loose in a cardboard box).
I think its legit to pack it back into factory boxes and fly that way too. I think that meets the wording of their requirements on Delta at least. That's what I did with my hunting ammo for S2H. I packed 60 TMK handloads into Hornady boxes. I bought a few 200 round cases of 69gr SMK ADI from Jake in person for the training part.

h2so4

WKR
You can fly with over 1k rounds? That would be a hell of a lot easier
It would cost about $45 to ship 1k rounds ups ground. Ship them to yourself at the course before your arrival.
Let me know if you have questions about shipping ammo.

Last edited:

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
11 lbs is the limit we have run into with airlines. Which is only 4 boxes of shotgun shells.

For those wondering. 16 lbs 2.5 oz on 500 blackhills TMK. And yes when I flew with my shotgun and shells 2 weeks ago they wanted to weigh the ammo. Yes I was over by 2 lbs for total of 13 lbs. I said the packing doesnt weigh 0. She gave me a look and let me slide. This was on American airlines.

From their website
Ammunition must be:
In the original packaging from the manufacturer or in packaging specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition (made of fiber, wood or metal), with a maximum of 11 pounds (5 kgs) per container or customer. Ammunition is not accepted loose or in magazines or clips.

Delta is the same

Southwest is the same

United is the same

20241015_075705.jpg

Last edited:
For those wondering. 16 lbs 2.5 oz on 500 blackhills TMK. And yes when I flew with my shotgun and shells 2 weeks ago they wanted to weigh the ammo. Yes I was over by 2 lbs for total of 13 lbs. I said the packing doesnt weigh 0. She gave me a look and let me slide. This was on American airlines.

From their website
Ammunition must be:
In the original packaging from the manufacturer or in packaging specifically designed to carry small amounts of ammunition (made of fiber, wood or metal), with a maximum of 11 pounds (5 kgs) per container or customer. Ammunition is not accepted loose or in magazines or clips.

Delta is the same

Southwest is the same

United is the same

View attachment 777305
That is a world wide regulation

Nine Banger

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
Hopefully Jake can send us a bunch of ADI or similar quality stuff or we can get an address to ship stuff to ourselves. I plan to fly to Bozeman for class 3 and arrive around 12-2 pm if anyone wants to figure out how to ride to venue together or just wait for me to get car etc. I’m fine hosting that ride. Looking forward to it but we gotta long way to go.