Shoot2Hunt University

rbutcher1234

Lil-Rokslider
Aside from increased recoil over something like a 5.56, would it be beneficial to bring a 308 to help work on wind reading? Fast 6mm seem like cheating in the wind compared to 308s.

SloppyJ

WKR
Aside from increased recoil over something like a 5.56, would it be beneficial to bring a 308 to help work on wind reading? Fast 6mm seem like cheating in the wind compared to 308s.
Got confirmation email the other day. Now I'm excited again after trying to forget about this.

I'm interested in this question thats quoted. I'll be bringing my .223 and 1k 75gr hpbt handloads. I wouldn't mind bringing a few hundred 6cm rounds and my extra barrel to swap on there to get some practice with that at range to appreciate the difference but I'm unsure if it'd be more of a PITA than it's worth. I know I'm not interested in shooting that many out of my 300prc! It's a year away, so who knows what kind or rifles I'll build between now and then.

How are yall flying with all of that ammo or are you shipping it out before you leave? Still deciding on driving vs flying but that's a HELL of a drive for me. Around 22hrs or so I believe so I bet I'll fly and rent a car.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Shoot2HuntU

I'm interested in this question thats quoted. I'll be bringing my .223 and 1k 75gr hpbt handloads. I wouldn't mind bringing a few hundred 6cm rounds and my extra barrel to swap on there to get some practice with that at range to appreciate the difference but I'm unsure if it'd be more of a PITA than it's worth.

Bring whatever your #1 hunting rifle is, or whatever rifle you would take on a once in a lifetime hunt and 150-200 rounds for it. Then, the 800 or so rounds for whatever your practice gun is (should be a good 223).

You can also bring another rifle or two to try later in the week.

SloppyJ

WKR
Bring whatever your #1 hunting rifle is, or whatever rifle you would take on a once in a lifetime hunt and 150-200 rounds for it. Then, the 800 or so rounds for whatever your practice gun is (should be a good 223).

You can also bring another rifle or two to try later in the week.
Thanks Form. I can do that for sure. Has anyone brought a m70 yet? 🤣