Shipping an ATV

crich

WKR
Who has done it and what company did you use?

I found a steal on a wheeler at a dealership in Nevada but would need to ship it up to AK. Even if shipping prices make it a wash it is worth it due to supply issues up here and price gouging.
Currently waiting on quotes from uship and citizenshipper but Im curious if any of you guys have used traditional shipping/trucking companies with reasonable prices and good service.

Shipped and hauled vehicles all the time in years past.

With you in AK - I’d get somebody to haul to Seattle port area that hands it over to the person that will bring it all the way to your port.

Or - you could fly on way to buy ATV and throw in bed of rental truck. Drive one way to Seattle port in Bellingham. And hand off to the ferry, and you drop vehicle there and fly home and wait for ATV at your
Port

Sure, a little time is involved but you’ll be happier doing it yourself and not depending on broker / transporter BS stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

def90

WKR
What size ATV?

Go to uship.com and enter your info to get somewhat of an estimate. If it gives you the name of a carrier then contact that carrier directly, you might get a cheaper rate.

OP
crich

crich

WKR
What size ATV?

Go to uship.com and enter your info to get somewhat of an estimate. If it gives you the name of a carrier then contact that carrier directly, you might get a cheaper rate.
6x6
They give you an estimate but you still need to wait for quotes to come in unless you name a price and put it out for hire.

Be careful on Uship, it’s a shitshow atleast 50% of the time. Absolute shit show.
It’s tough to find a shipper a guy would use twice, don’t necessarily go with the low bid, the lower the bid in this market the more likely you are to end up with a story.
The ferry idea previously mentioned has a lot of merit, or see if you can find a carrier making that run or a broker that specializes in it.

There are a number of freight forwarding companies with offices in Anchorage that can handle things end-to-end for the small customer. I've personally used "Shop+Deliver, LLC" a few times for larger items, and I know there are others that my family uses. The business model generally involves having it shipped to Seattle via traditional ground shipping company, consolidating into a a weekly container at the port, and bringing it to their place of business in Anchorage for pickup. It's not free, but its usually painless.

wnelson14

WKR
I have no experience with this at all but just a thought I had.
I know there are carriers who bring meat and racks etc. and deliver to the lower 48 certain times of year. I'm sure they use a cargo type trailer and go back empty. Just a thought. Good Luck