Sewing thread type

willidru

WKR
My uncle has the Outdoorsman Butte 25 hip pack. The chest strap sucks its fixed and damn near sits at his neck.

if I wanted to remove and sow it lower what material would I use?

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Size 69 thread is big enough, and nylon is stronger than polyester. Is this the kind of info you’re looking for?

Dskinn

FNG
Classified Approved
trying to picture it… is it the strap that pulls together the two chest straps?
if so, the recommendations for waxed and for 69 bonded nylon would be good. is there enough material for a loop instead of permanent anchor? I’m thinking a daisy chain running north-south on the chest straps then you’d be able to adjust depending on load.

OP
willidru

willidru

WKR
trying to picture it… is it the strap that pulls together the two chest straps?
if so, the recommendations for waxed and for 69 bonded nylon would be good. is there enough material for a loop instead of permanent anchor? I’m thinking a daisy chain running north-south on the chest straps then you’d be able to adjust depending on load.
Correct, the strap that pulls together the 2 chest straps

*zap*

WKR
You could use two medium length straps, a male and female buckle. Then use a three bar slider to make a compression loop around each strap with the buckle on the other end of the strap, would work kinda like a girth hitched strap thru a loop. Then it would be adjustable. You just need the parts and some webbing. SG sells that stuff, I believe.

Jedgar

FNG
T70 aka #69 bonded thread is good stuff and mil spec for most use until you get into safety harnesses. Webbing can have had on eBay for cheap by the yard.