Sew pockets into a FL Halstead?

elkyinzer

WKR
I haven't touched a sewing machine since 7th grade home ec class, so I would get someone else to do this, but wondering...

I got a First Lite Halstead Fleece, I like it, but I didn't realize it doesn't have side pockets, and intending to wear it as mild-weather outerwear most of the time, I would really prefer it had them.

Has anyone done this? I know it is possible per se, but can they be nice functioning pockets that won't flop around too much?

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
My next project is to add extra pockets onto my orange vest (I mainly rifle hunt and like certain things with me even if I drop my day pack). If the pockets are surface mounted they seem rather easy to accomplish as an add on (in my head...).

The ones I'll add will be zippered so I'll get some spare fabric, sew the zipper into a panel of fabric and then sew that panel onto the vest where I desire with the cut edge of the fabric rolled under into the pocket seam.

Someone more talented can advise on how to attached a pocket from the rear easily if a cleaner look is desired. ;)