Selway River Spring Bear Hunt

sneaky

"DADDY"
When you say 8-10 miles... are you talking air miles or boots on the ground miles? Huge difference in that country. In early May you aren't going to be going 8-10 miles in from the river unless you're snowshoeing, and that is the last place you want to be snowshoeing in. If you are just wanting adventure, you'll get that in spades though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TheTone

WKR
If you’re planning to get to moose creek/the Selway via unit 12 on May 1 you’re probably basically going to be walking from the lochsa/Powell.

Azone

WKR
I’ve watched grown men snap in that place. Have fun and definitely think twice before you shoot something in there that far back on foot. 8 to 10 miles can be rough to near impossible in some places in there. I was young and dumb once and shot a bull 5 ish miles in on foot my first trip up there. Between where the bull came to a stop after he quit rolling and an absolute bitch of a storm where a few gear failures almost cost me my life, I definitely got broke in the hard way. I’ve never been so wet and cold in my life as well. It’s one of the most beautiful places I’ve ever been, but it will eat you alive if you give it the chance. I’ve been back a few times since then and that place definitely has away of creating type 2 fun, no matter how well thought out and planned the trip is. It will definitely be an adventure, prepare accordingly.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Those pictures don't do it justice

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
fc1dec7b1c3b5d3594cf0f3ec0268249.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Gobbler36

WKR
I’m sorry but when I fist see 8-10 miles on these kinds of post my eyes roll back

I’ve done it too… looking at maps thinking oh I just zip over here glass and zip over here glass… 8-10 miles on onx looks easy to do then once you’re there you soon realize 8-10 map miles hell even trail miles is way different then doing 8-10 miles of off trail hunting
gotta love the enthusiasm though

good luck and like some have said post some pics cool country

92xj

WKR
Stay low to avoid the snow, you'll be able to glass a long ways away but nothing from 30yds - 2500yds. It's fun in there.
52824703551_47534ceea6_b.jpg

Primal-Understanding

Lil-Rokslider
Rough and beautiful country. Logistics are very important. I was an infantry marine and have worked out all of my adult life - Selway still beat me up.