Seekins Ph2 stock

Mtank79

FNG
Those of you hunting with the ph2 how is the factory stock? Who makes a good replacement stock? Wanting another 6.5 prc trying to stay around 8.2-8.5lbs scoped ready to hunt. I know I can do it with a ridgeline but not sure I can with the ph2.

Those of you hunting with the ph2 how is the factory stock? Who makes a good replacement stock? Wanting another 6.5 prc trying to stay around 8.2-8.5lbs scoped ready to hunt. I know I can do it with a ridgeline but not sure I can with the ph2.
IMO it’s one of the best factory stocks out there. That weight seems like a stretch with a decent scope but maybe? I’ve only used the long action magnum PH2s and I def don’t think you’d get there with one of them.

OP
M

Mtank79

FNG
IMO it’s one of the best factory stocks out there. That weight seems like a stretch with a decent scope but maybe? I’ve only used the long action magnum PH2s and I def don’t think you’d get there with one of them.
I sold a ca ridgeline with the AG carbon alpine hunter stock , a vx5 3x15x56 w/a ca 20 moa rail that weighed 8.2 ready to hunt. My current 7 prc ridgeline is bone stock & I think it was 8.7 lbs ready to hunt with the same vx5 scope. With no dealers around me it’s hard to commit to one.

I’m pretty sure a ph2 barreled action is going to weigh a fair bit more than a ridgelines.

This is rokslide.. chop/thread a T3x 6.5 PRC SS lite and throw it in a rokstok, echelon, or peak44.

OP
M

Mtank79

FNG
I’m pretty sure a ph2 barreled action is going to weigh a fair bit more than a ridgelines.

This is rokslide.. chop/thread a T3x 6.5 PRC SS lite and throw it in a rokstok, echelon, or peak44.
Lol true, I know everything is high as heck now but it still blows my mind that a tikka can cost almost as much as a ridgeline. The last box I bought for my 264 win was $59 at Cabelas for 130 gr nosler accubonds & I saw last night that box is over a $100 now.

Anyways enough down that rabbit hole. The short action ph2 is listed at 6.9 lbs vs 6.3 Ridgeline. I reached out to peak & ag composite for a stock on the ph2 but neither offer one. The feel of the ph2 is about the only negative I can find on the ph2. Other than the few comments about the drop down mag for hunting/carrying.

Lol true, I know everything is high as heck now but it still blows my mind that a tikka can cost almost as much as a ridgeline.
Does it? Stainless tikka retail price is under $880. There are sales and currently a $75 rebate that often gets a guy below $800. I don’t look for em but I’ve never seen a ridgeline under $1600. For $1600 you get a worse action, worse stock (functionally, made with more expensive materials), way worse odds of a chamber being machined correctly, and higher odds of a barrel that walks when hot. Probably better customer service though that you’re more likely to use.
Anyways enough down that rabbit hole. The short action ph2 is listed at 6.9 lbs vs 6.3 Ridgeline. I reached out to peak & ag composite for a stock on the ph2 but neither offer one. The feel of the ph2 is about the only negative I can find on the ph2. Other than the few comments about the drop down mag for hunting/carrying.

What negatives are there with the feel of a ph2?

OP
M

Mtank79

FNG
Does it? Stainless tikka retail price is under $880. There are sales and currently a $75 rebate that often gets a guy below $800. I don’t look for em but I’ve never seen a ridgeline under $1600. For $1600 you get a worse action, worse stock (functionally, made with more expensive materials), way worse odds of a chamber being machined correctly, and higher odds of a barrel that walks when hot. Probably better customer service though that you’re more likely to use.

What negatives are there with the feel of a ph2?
Sorry I was looking at the stainless super lite yesterday that’s marked $1499. Eurooptic has several ridgelines under $1600, I have a 6.5 prc in my cart for $1573.
Some reviews say it feels cheap but everyone has their own likes/dislikes. There’s a stainless ph2 6.5 prc on gunbroker thats been up a couple weeks but no round count info.

OP
M

Mtank79

FNG
CA doesnt belong in the same conversation as Seekins or Tikka
Maybe not & maybe I’m lucky but I’ve owned two still have one & haven’t had the first issue. 3rd might be the charm though & make me use the customer service,

bmart2622

WKR
To answer your original question....I originally didnt like the stock on the PH2 but I got used to it fast and now like it, theres no need to change it. Its going to be very very tough to get to the weight you want starting with a 7.2lb gun though. Id carry a little bit heavier rifle with the Seekins and end up with a better product in the end

OP
M

Mtank79

FNG
To answer your original question....I originally didnt like the stock on the PH2 but I got used to it fast and now like it, theres no need to change it. Its going to be very very tough to get to the weight you want starting with a 7.2lb gun though. Id carry a little bit heavier rifle with the Seekins and end up with a better product in the end
I started a version of the carnivore diet 3 weeks ago so I can make the difference up between the two rifles. With the price of the used seekins I can get their atc brake & rings & still be a little cheaper after paying taxes & shipping on a new ridgeline.