SE Washington?

For people who have drawn, or know someone who has..about how long is it taking to draw a quality elk tag for the blue mountains or there abouts? Was trying to decide if I was willing to give WDFW anymore of my money or not..They certainly don't deserve it.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

MHWASH

WKR
Took me 14yrs. But keep in mind there are probably 1000 people out there with 15+ points for a total of maybe 25 tags.

I drew the blues twice with around 6 points each time. Once as a resident once as a non res. One was early rifle one was archery. Pretty awesome hunts but not sure if they are anything like they once were.

chasewright15

Lil-Rokslider
Hard to say since it is a random draw. You always hear of the random person drawing with 8 points etc etc.
But even at max points (about 30 now) your odds are a fraction of one percent for some of the premier units.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mavinwa2

WKR
Res WA ST, winter>Gilbert AZ , NR>AZ, UT, NM, CO.
keep in mind, that WA is a true Bonus Point state. No Preference System in place, pure lottery luck.

a point is a lottery ticket to be drawn.
New applicant with zero points = 1 chance to draw a permit tag.
Applicant with 1 point has 2 chances to draw.
with 2 points has 3 chances to draw and so on, so on.

I've known hunters with 1 or 2 points draw the most coveted unit Any Bull (big bull) tags.
Eastern WA General archery, muzzie and rifle elk seasons are OTC, residents & NR. But primarily limited to spike bull only for prime eastern WA units.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
If you have my luck, forever. I'll have 21 elk points this year and still have not drawn a branched eastern bull permit. And I don't put in for any of the Blues permits.

Bachto

WKR
My dad has drawn it twice with around 6 to 8 points. I have 16 elk points and still haven't drawn ever. So it's a crap shoot if you ask me. I might start putting in for some of the units outside of yakima or ellensburg now. I haven't decided.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Took 8 for watershed 6 yrs ago…met a kid that year drew on year 2. As they say there is always a chance.