Last minute Colorado unit 20 archery thoughts

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to decide on putting in for the unit 20 archery tag in Colorado. I'm over here with the last minute jitters! I have 4 PP's . Any of y'all have any thoughts or input on this unit you'd like to share. I'm under the understanding it's a decent unit and also not sure if I should bother building up more points in the state. PM if you're willing to give any advice. Thanks in advance.

zrodwyo

Lil-Rokslider
If you have an outfitter lined up with some private access I would go for it.

DIY public land I think you are wasting your points.

OP
S

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
If you have an outfitter lined up with some private access I would go for it.

DIY public land I think you are wasting your points.
I don't hunt outfitted unfortunately. Thanks for the advice though. Sent you a message also

Mbk11

FNG
Trying to decide on putting in for the unit 20 archery tag in Colorado. I'm over here with the last minute jitters! I have 4 PP's . Any of y'all have any thoughts or input on this unit you'd like to share. I'm under the understanding it's a decent unit and also not sure if I should bother building up more points in the state. PM if you're willing to give any advice. Thanks in advance.
Did you end up hunting 20 archery last season? Considering it for this year.

OP
S

SoDakGuy

Lil-Rokslider
Did you end up hunting 20 archery last season? Considering it for this year.
No I did not, and I'm back to considering it again this year 🤣. Except now I have 5 points and trying to figure out if the are better tags to be putting in for.

Mbk11

FNG
No I did not, and I'm back to considering it again this year 🤣. Except now I have 5 points and trying to figure out if the are better tags to be putting in for.
Yeah I’m in the same boat. Good luck

poboy2214

FNG
My neighbor had an either sex this past year and ended up killing a cow. They had a good hunt, but their family has also been in the area for the last 50 years and know the pockets where the elk hang out on public. Be prepared to deal with a lot of recreationalists. The night they got there to set up their camp there was a rave going on in the meadow they had planned to hunt first thing in the morning. I have the points to hunt the late rifle season, but I opted against it due to that and the amount of private land borders you have to contend with