Scythe Cover

What’s my best option for a cover to fit the Scythe?
Had some issues with mirage at the range this past weekend.

Marshfly

WKR
I went ColeTac Baby Python. I called them and asked what the real differences are between this and the Python being the Baby was recommended for rimfire only and found it was 2 vs 3 straps. She recommended the Baby due to the short length of the Scythe. Order a little less diameter than actual so the overlap is less. Maybe a quarter inch. I went 5.5" long and 1.07 diameter from what I see on my order form. But that diameter might be a misprint.

khuber84

WKR
These ones are pretty good if you don't want to diy something. https://www.scopechaps.com/product-page/can-chaps
These weigh almost 5 oz, TK Huntig with fire sleeve is 5.5oz.

Burn proof gear has a great cover, expensive, but only 3-3.5oz and they stay put, and don't give mirage until almost 2x as many rounds as the canchap, I have both on DD entire sti and wolfhunter. Tough finding the balance performance, non slip and lightweight.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
These weigh almost 5 oz, TK Huntig with fire sleeve is 5.5oz.

Burn proof gear has a great cover, expensive, but only 3-3.5oz and they stay put, and don't give mirage until almost 2x as many rounds as the canchap, I have both on DD entire sti and wolfhunter. Tough finding the balance performance, non slip and lightweight.
I think DIY carbon felt is likely the lightest option (and cheapest) if you're going for weight savings.

TheCougar

WKR
I went the DIY route. Using carbon felt, silicon tape, and vet wrap. Cost was $10 and weight is 1.25oz. It can’t be easily removed, however.